Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much should I pay for a 2011 GT500?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 01:57 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

im kind of surpised they are doing straight msrp to start. Around here they are asking 5-7k over msrp.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:01 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Any known problems on the GT500?
I read somewhere that they tend to have
problems with the clutch even before they
hit 10,000 miles.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:28 PM
wingless
2nd Gear Member

That is quite a find, getting an SVT PP w/o stripes!

Nice looking ride!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:29 PM
redneckromeo

looks awesome.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:06 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

a few g under teh sticker would be fine i think. i would do what jd said as well seems to work alot around my area
Old 09-16-2010, 04:19 PM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by ShaneM
im kind of surpised they are doing straight msrp to start. Around here they are asking 5-7k over msrp.
The dealer where I bought my Stang from two years ago has a 2011 GT500 listed at almost 4k below MSRP.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:04 PM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like no one here as every negotiated a car with the intentions of paying cash before?

Here is what you do:

Get financing through them. No matter what interest rate is offered, take it. Read the contract very carefully - be very sure you have the option to pay it off whenever you choose, with no pre-payment penalty. This is the absolute best way to get the best price on the car. Leave the dealership with the money still in your bank account, and wire the funds in a day or two to pay it off in full.

Paying in cash is never a good idea at the dealership. They make nearly no money at all in this case. Even when financing through a third party bank, they get money for referring you. Cash = no mark down.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:27 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlue
Sounds like no one here as every negotiated a car with the intentions of paying cash before?

Here is what you do:

Get financing through them. No matter what interest rate is offered, take it. Read the contract very carefully - be very sure you have the option to pay it off whenever you choose, with no pre-payment penalty. This is the absolute best way to get the best price on the car. Leave the dealership with the money still in your bank account, and wire the funds in a day or two to pay it off in full.

Paying in cash is never a good idea at the dealership. They make nearly no money at all in this case. Even when financing through a third party bank, they get money for referring you. Cash = no mark down.
MSRP = making fist fulls of money. Cash or otherwise. Anything over invoice, there still making money.

At the end of the day, so long as there not loosing money, they will take your offer. There still selling a car, and that looks good on the dealership. No hastle, hardly any work on there part, they would be stupid to not take a deal. Cause if they don't, your holding the cards, the money for a car that is a big negative on there books until its sold. Theres also the fact that you can walk to any other dealer, get the same car, and hand them the cash. Someone making $100 would make a deal with you vice, not making a deal at all and having -54000 sitting on the lot.

Sounds like you tried to pay cash, got talked into financing anyway, so you lined the finance persons pocket, and you had to jump through hoops to help them. If my intent is to come out clean and I have the cash, I'm not going to take the hastle of having to call a bank and arange a payoff, and wait for the bank to send me the title and so on.

Last edited by JDWalton; 09-16-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:35 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

I agree with Siggy & Vista Blue, probably better price if financed through the dealer. Make sure you can pay it off early and do so!. When I started looking in NW Arkansas the local small town dealer had it marked at sticker price and said make an offer. On the other hand the larger dealer that moves lots of Mustangs had a $6k ADM Sticker on top of the real sticker! Good Luck!
Old 09-16-2010, 06:05 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

eh, bottom line is right now, making money is making money and they want to move it as bad as you want to buy it. A near 60k sports car is something there looking to move right now.

Quick Reply: How much should I pay for a 2011 GT500?