Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks headers with coating and without in pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 02:29 AM
MarylandSpeed
Former Sponsor

Default Kooks headers with coating and without in pictures

We sell a lot of coated headers, and I often have customers ask what the appearance difference is. Kooks headers are 304 stainless, and will not rust, so a lot of people don't think coating is necessary. Coating is much more than an appearance or durability thing. Ceramic coating like the Jet Hot product we sell is excellent at keeping underhood tempatures down and prmoting scavaging. At the race track, your engine bay will cool down much quicker if your out hot lapping. An added benifit of the coating is the awesome appearance it has. I call it 7/8ths chrome because from a distance it looks like chrome, but up close it has a slight orange peel texture.

The pictures below show a standard kooks 1 5/8" header (PT# 6020) coated Jet Hot 1700 Degree Extreme Sterling Silver inside and out. This is not the cheap outside only , 1300 degree coating job most places do. This is a supercharged grade coating inside and out.

We do this coating for free when you pay the website price for the headers if you use the coupon code freecoatkooks when ordering on our website at the link below (if you want uncoated headers call us @ 443-730-9428 for extra savings).

http://marylandspeed.com/mustang-v8-...c-112_221.html

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:27 AM
dysan
2nd Gear Member

+1 on the coating and for Maryland Speed! I got my Kooks 1 3/4" setup and 3" catted H midpipe from them, header jet hot coated and they are real nice. Maryland speed was very good also as to keeping me up to date on the status of them being made, when they went to jet-hot to be coated and when they were shipped out to me.

The coating is definately keeping the underhood temps down. It almost seems like it's cooler with the long tubes than it was with the stock manifolds!
Old 04-28-2010, 09:34 AM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

i got my kooks through Maryland Speed with the Midnight blue coating. Here are some pics, ive had the headers for almost two years. Its holding up pretty well considering.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:05 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

What's the difference between the Jet Hot coating and the Precision Motorsports coating?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Hagwood
2nd Gear Member

+2 on the coating and Maryland Speed. Love the look of the headers - they will go great with my valve covers when I powder coat them during the cam install. Great price and customer service from Maryland Speed.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:35 PM
nv4gt ws
2nd Gear Member

kooks here with coating pur from maryland speed, easy to install and sound great! call and ask for kim, she will take care of you.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:50 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Much better to coat headers and midpipe and cats not just headers!
Old 04-28-2010, 04:18 PM
MarylandSpeed
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by baddog671
What's the difference between the Jet Hot coating and the Precision Motorsports coating?
They both are high quality coatings I would use on my own cars. They are just applied by different companies.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:21 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed
They both are high quality coatings I would use on my own cars. They are just applied by different companies.
If I were to purchase PT# K6020OX for 1200$, would your coupon also cover inside and outside coating of the midpipe with "Jet Hot 1700 Degree Extreme Sterling Silver"?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:46 PM
MarylandSpeed
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by baddog671
If I were to purchase PT# K6020OX for 1200$, would your coupon also cover inside and outside coating of the midpipe with "Jet Hot 1700 Degree Extreme Sterling Silver"?
The free coating is for the headers only. We have stopped offering to coat the X-pipe because it makes the slip fits hard to get togethor. We have actually had people try and return the coated X-pipe because of how much a pain it was to deal with.

Quick Reply: Kooks headers with coating and without in pictures