Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need good custom striping

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 02:08 PM
datsyuk
1st Gear Member

Default Need good custom striping

Hey everybody I'm here because I need to find someone who can do some good custom vinyl for me. What I'm looking for is the 427R stripes on the side but with different lettering. I would like to it say S197, but on the websites I've seen you're able to customize your lettering which in that case is terrific but I saw a picture of a car with one that said S197 and it looked awful. It basically looks like the font I'm typing in now just slapped on the vinyl. What I'm looking for is the same lettering style as 427R and if you know how the R turns into a piece of the stripe maybe they could do the same type of thing with the 7 in my case. I can throw something together in Photoshop soon to give everyone a visual in case no one understands what I'm saying lol. But any ideas on where to look?

Also, just a few questions with Roushs while I'm at it. I've always loved them and since May when I bought my first car I have trying to knowledge myself as much as I can with Mustangs. Now to my understanding, the only car that truly should have a 427R stripe on it is the actual 427R model which produces 435hp? The Stage 1 and 2 Roush Mustangs do not contain any stripes nor have a supercharger either. Basically just appearance for the most part? Stage 3 ones have the 2 small racing stripes and also contains a supercharger which produces 430hp. Now why would the Stage 3 cost more than the 427R if the 427R is producing a bit more hp? I haven't looked to hard but are there more optional options included with the Stage 3?

I plan to throw Roush louvers, Roush spoiler and Saleen S Style wheels on my car (Roush wheels will break the bank! ) and also paint my CDC chin spoiler I bought the car with. Love the look of it and that's why I want my stripe looking real sharp. Also if anyone has a stripe like that but blank too, please post it!