Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another F***ing ding, seriously... C'mon!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 10:16 PM
HOTRODD77
2nd Gear Member

Angry Another F***ing ding, seriously... C'mon!

So a few weeks ago I was picking my car up from the dealership from getting some work done. The tech pulls my car around, gets his plastic out, I say bye and get in. Before I can even set my phone down on the passenger seat, an old lady backs her f-150 into the rear quarter panel! It wasn't real bad, but right where the body and fender meet(body side) is pushed in with a small dent, and a big scuff on the bumper side. Wait and get a police report, fine, I can deal with that. I'm still waiting on the claim to go through on that, and I walk out of work today to see this:
Another F***ing ding, seriously... C'mon!-dscf2662.jpg
Driver's side fender, right down to the metal. Most of the culprits paint was wiped off already. I'm so f'in tired of a**holes in parking lots! Sorry, had to vent.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

How about having a damn squirl drop a pine cone on your hood and leaving a dent an inch deep and 2-3" long?
Old 09-21-2010, 10:25 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
How about having a damn squirl drop a pine cone on your hood and leaving a dent an inch deep and 2-3" long?
I'm sorry, but that just made me LOL visualizing it. Talk about random bad luck.

OP, sorry to hear. I hate driving through the lots, you never know when there's that one person that feels the need to back out as you pass. Hopefully her insurance will take care of that ding for you.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:29 PM
GTtony
1st Gear Member

or two f***ing home depot day labors sitting on the hood of your car, like its a park bench. im not racist, but i sure acted like one that day.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:39 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Well, try having a family member drive their lawnmower into the passenger door, right ON the body line. It's still there. sigh.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Always park my car on the furthest, most remote part of the parking lot....came out of Home Depot the other day only to find two lifted 4x4 trucks parked on either side. Went to Vons to run in and pick up some water softener salt, thought I'd park in the handicap slot, leaving the car running with my wife inside...only to return 2 mins later and witness one of the mentally disabled kids they employ push a train of shopping carts using my cars rear end as a guide...FML!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:44 PM
datsyuk
1st Gear Member

Oh god what awful stories in this thread omfg. People are absolutely rediculous. I park my car at the very back horizontal row at work and I can sit out and look out of the windows at it. 10 spots to my left or right and a mini-van full of ****ing people and a dog park 2 feet away from my car. I went outside to move it.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:54 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I never understand why people decide to park directly next to another car when another option is available. I mean it seems like it would be more inconvenient to them and of course to you. It just doesn't make sense :-X
Old 09-21-2010, 11:02 PM
datsyuk
1st Gear Member

The only time I was almost happy for someone to park next to me was I was at work watching my car of course and for the first time ever in person, a 2010 GT500 rolls on by with a pretty girl driving it and she parked right now to me! Was thrilled about that one.

Me personally, I'll park around but not right next to nice cars. I'll give them a good amount of space, like if its a real far away spot isolated I'll park far enough away maybe right on the lines so no one will go around me to try to get into a spot and to not **** the other guy off, never know how they'll feel even if my car is nice and I park right next to them.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:17 PM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

My 06 Stang had it 4 years and not a single door ding. I wish you more luck in the future

Quick Reply: Another F***ing ding, seriously... C'mon!