Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Charger Installed, minor problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 03:23 PM
killdar
2nd Gear Member

sounds like its not in right, they do make tools to rethread the hole if its badly crossthreaded, u gotta be made careful w/ it tho since it won't be good as new
Old 09-23-2010, 03:34 PM
carguygt
2nd Gear Member

whats an x charger? Ive never heard of it...is if a V6 only supercharger or somthing? Not trying to sound nieve or stupid...
Old 09-23-2010, 04:00 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
I traded the car in so it's no longer my problem.
Any my wife thinks a 25K miles used car is ok to buy.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:02 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Ok, yes I've tried to take the plug out and it comes out fine, it's just hard to get back in. I'm going to let Injected worry about that next Friday when I take it in. I triple-checked all the plug wires with Dave on the phone and everything was alright. He thinks it may be a vacuum leak, because I couldn't reuse the stock PCV tube, so I had to fab something up which isn't the proper quality. I'm going to O' Reilly to pick up some PCV hose and we'll see how that goes.

Yes, the X-Charger is a V6 supercharger.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:09 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

just buy the right sized tap pack it with a ton of grease, run it like 1/8 of the way down the threads, back it out, clean off the used grease, apply new stuff, rinse and repeat till you are threaded the distance you need that spark plug to go in. Do it right this time and never worry about the stupid thing again.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:12 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

alloy, i'd go with your thoughts...take it in and let Injected handle it Friday...I'd probably tell them the situation though
Old 09-23-2010, 04:47 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AlloySixxer
Ok, yes I've tried to take the plug out and it comes out fine, it's just hard to get back in. I'm going to let Injected worry about that next Friday when I take it in. I triple-checked all the plug wires with Dave on the phone and everything was alright. He thinks it may be a vacuum leak, because I couldn't reuse the stock PCV tube, so I had to fab something up which isn't the proper quality. I'm going to O' Reilly to pick up some PCV hose and we'll see how that goes.

Yes, the X-Charger is a V6 supercharger.
Did you take out a loan to take it to injected?
Old 09-23-2010, 07:37 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by carguygt
whats an x charger? Ive never heard of it...is if a V6 only supercharger or somthing? Not trying to sound nieve or stupid...
The Xcharger is a "roots type" supercharger made by Explorer Express (www.explorerexpress.com) for the 4.0L V6.

Here is a recent picture of mine after painting it to match my car and installing the Xtreme kit (an intercooler)

And this is how it looked as first installed
Old 09-23-2010, 08:05 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

jim did u post those pix up anywere else? bc that looks super bad *** lol
Old 09-23-2010, 09:14 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

alloy did you install the rear plugs in the rear of the manifold? i am assuming you have the new style discharge manifold.

just rear of the supercharger are 2 1/8 inch pipe holes that get plugs in them.
also what is the angle of the plug at when it is in. does it look like the others?

many guys have had small leaks due to lack of proper tightening. did you tighten them in order then re tighten them - the manifold bolts i mean. take some carb cleaner and spray around you should hear the sound change if you find a leak. on the collective we actually have a explorer express section. i moved your thread on the collective to it. when you get to your thread over there just back up one and you will see lots of info on other installs and advice from some of the over 160 kits out there.

between the guys here and over there your get it all sorted out.

Quick Reply: X-Charger Installed, minor problem