Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pypes Violator A/B install...so much for stealth!

Old 09-23-2010, 04:59 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Default Pypes Violator A/B install...so much for stealth!

Just got back from a little trip to Columbus Oh with the son and found my Pype Violator AB from Brenspeed on the porch. Now since I got V a couple of months ago, everything I have done to her has been a snap...until now! The mufflers went on without a hitch, but man were they jacked on fit. One stuck out about 1.5 more than the other, and were no where near level with both way too low...geez, knew it had to happen sooner or later
Took it to a bud of mine at the local exhaust shop and after a little modification they look ok...in his words "these fix for sh^t! So beware when ordering.
As far as the sound....F'in awesome! Good rumble down low, nice and aggresive at 1/2 throttle that mostly goes away when od is reached. A little louder on the interstate, but not much of an increase given the difference around town. Maybe I just got a turd, who knows but well worth the trouble for the new tunes out back. She when from "nice car man" to "that is badass" with one mod....and thats a keeper in my book!

Old 09-23-2010, 10:13 PM
gidyup
2nd Gear Member

I've had mine on for ~3 years (after a bad experience with Flowmasters). The sound just gets deeper, with a nice rumble at idle, and an angry growl when I punch it- but still controllable while driving around my neighborhood.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:14 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

these fix for sh^t!
What ???
Old 09-24-2010, 05:25 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by marcuskeeler
What ???
lol.....my bad.
fit for sh^t!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:29 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

When I installed my Pypes Violators, they were not even sticking out the back... Got under and loosened the H-Pipe clamps and was able to move everything around to make them fit perfect. I love the way they sound, but not as loud as I would like... Actually, they seem a bit muted from in the car. Everyone else says they sound perfect from outside... loud, throaty, like a mustang is supposed to sound like, but I'm not keen to letting someone else drive my car so I can hear from the outside.

Don
Old 09-24-2010, 03:24 PM
mk70ss
2nd Gear Member

Love my Pypes system.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Not sure what's up with Pypes systems. My mid-muffler setup never fit right either. I drove up to Late Model Restoration in Waco today and purchased some flowmaster hushpower pro's for my car...had them installed down the street at Graves muffler. The guy pulling the pypes mid-muffler system off was shaking his head at all the brackets and clamps the other shop had to weld on to make it fit correctly.

The dynomax midpipes and hushpowers slid right on no problem, tips lined up perfectly and everything!

I'm hoping I can resell the mid-muffler setup but with all the welds and crap on em it may not be easy.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:46 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Pypes is famous for not fitting well.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

My mid muffler system had to be custom cut, fitted, and welded. the installer said he would never want to do another one it was so bad. Although, with his efforts, the end results were great. It fits perfect, no rubbing anywhere, and the sound is awesome. I've noticed it getting louder after some miles are put on the mufflers. Here is a warning to mid muffler potential buyers. Be prepared to pay a good bit of money to have it professionally installed or you will not like the way it fits or looks. I also recommend to NOT use the supplied clamps and have the installer weld all connections.

Pypes sound great, but the fit is the worst I have ever seen in aftermarket exhaust.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Not to put down on Pypes or anything. The fit is a little off but most of their systems sound really good. Better than most on the market. And with the mid-muffler setup there are so many clamps and little adjustments to make to get everything aligned properly. Mine started to develop leaks around the clamps so I had to make a decision whether to weld the whole thing together or swap it entirely.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pypes Violator A/B install...so much for stealth!