Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of getting a 2011 Mustang...V6 owners, do you regret not getting the V8?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 04:09 PM
carguygt
2nd Gear Member

Yes the new V6 is pretty quick for a stock DD. But it will not compare to the new 5.0 in sound...ever...doesnt matter what you put for exhaust. Ive seen and heard tricked out 6ers in my day, and some sound pretty good granted, but still no V8. And I get the same or better MPG than the previous V6 and I drive pretty hard. ford did a great job on both stangs, there both a great choice, but I think sometimes pride makes people say they dont regret not getting a V8 if they could afford one. Not all of you lol...so dont hate me... just some.... Get what you want, and what better suits your goals...
Old 09-26-2010, 04:15 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

ya except it costs more up front, costs more in fuel, and it costs more in insurance. So if its your DD and you don't need 400hp, you will have no regrets
Old 09-26-2010, 04:33 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I do think that the GT definitely has its drawbacks in my opinion.

Drawbacks for both

GT: Insurance is worse, most times you won't use all the power you have, gas cost is worse, costs more,

V6: Don't have all the power you might want, much less of a bark, doesn't have the off the line punch
Old 09-26-2010, 05:24 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

My take on this is..... If you even have to ask the question, get the V8. If not you will end up regretting it. Every v6 owner I know has a part of them that wishes they would have bought the V8.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:27 PM
KutenStang
1st Gear Member

I love my V6. Plenty of power and still a lot of fun to drive.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:30 PM
omelet1978

Honestly, it was the V6 that got me interested in the Mustang to be totally honest and not the V8. I might go test drive them both soon.

What I might do is just lease a V6 for like 2 years and see how I like it. If it doesn't work out then I'll get something else, but I don't know if I need that much power. I mean we are approaching BMW's turbocharged six cylinder power here (315hp I believe?).
Old 09-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

I would definitely get the new 6 as it has tons of power insurance is cheap and the mpg is da bomb
Old 09-27-2010, 08:34 AM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

I would like to rent a new 2011 V6 Mustang for a week.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:08 AM
replica
4th Gear Member

A V6 with options is $28k? lololol.

Base GT for the win.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:33 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by replica
A V6 with options is $28k? lololol.

Base GT for the win.

I'd much rather have a tricked out Premium 2011 v6 than a base GT. I was lucky enough to land a Premium GT.. so I shouldnt talk

To be perfectly honest with you all.. If I had never come to these forums, I really think I would have been perfectly happy with my 07 Pony Package. Aside from hating the cloth interior.. I loved that car. Coming here planted fanciful thoughts of mods and HP.. and that took my down a road that eventually lead to me getting the GT.

That said.. if the current v6 was available back in 06 when I was trying to buy my first mustang, im pretty sure I would have happily stuck with the v6.

The current v6 is a freaking awesome car. No matter how you look at it.. it's a great looking, great handling (better than the GT), and very quick car. Comparing it to the current GT isn't really fair.. since the 2011 GT is the fastest regular production Mustang to date.

In its base form, the 11 v6 is a performer. Put some tall gears on the current v6 and maybe add a CAI and tune... and you have a very, very fun car.

As for sound.. I do have to say.. the music from my new engine bay is just pure sweetness. If I could get the exhaust note to match, I would be even happier.

The FRPP x-pipe + GTA dual exhaust kit for the 05-09 4.0 produced a very nice sound. Hopefully Ford will put out something similar for the current v6.. even then, in stock form is sound pretty good.

I did not test drive the 2011 v6 for a reason. I felt that it would have been really hard to justify spending the extra $$ on my Brembo GT after driving one... and I had my heart set on the GT.

Quick Reply: Thinking of getting a 2011 Mustang...V6 owners, do you regret not getting the V8?