Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my 2011 5.0 Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Default Got my 2011 5.0 Mustang!

I got it on Monday and got to drive it around for part of the day. I've been working these last couple of days, but it will be out and about tomorrow again! I'm the only one in my town that has one so far that I know. It rides nicer than the 06 I traded in. Exhaust is too quiet though. I'll have to change that. I already have an appointment for the 3M film on the front and behind the tires to protect it. I want to get stripes too, but don't know what color yet. The SYNC on the stereo is cool. Also, there is no gas cap. I thought that was weird. I only got into it once just because of curiosity and I even chirped shifting into 3rd! So far I love this new car and the improvements they made. Tomorrow I'll take some pictures and post them. Later guys!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:36 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

congrats!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Thanks It's Kona Blue by the way. When the sun shines on it you can see the metallic sparkles in it, but in dimmer light it seems to turn purple
Old 09-29-2010, 08:45 PM
icrazy2u

Nice, what color? I'm hoping to join the mustang owners real soon.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:56 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Congrats! You're one lucky guy.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:04 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Wally39
Thanks It's Kona Blue by the way. When the sun shines on it you can see the metallic sparkles in it, but in dimmer light it seems to turn purple
It's also a Blue-Green at dawn, Midnight Blue in the evening, and Electric Blue in the sun . This color has so much depth. When I first picked it up, I was a little worried about the color.. because it was really dirty.. and really purple. My wife even made fun of me. However, after I waxed her up.. I am very, very happy with the Kona Blue. The only thing I don't like is the "Skip Shift". It's not helping me get used to the 6-speed.. thinking your in 2nd when your in 4th can get a little annoying.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:25 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrSandman
It's also a Blue-Green at dawn, Midnight Blue in the evening, and Electric Blue in the sun . This color has so much depth. When I first picked it up, I was a little worried about the color.. because it was really dirty.. and really purple. My wife even made fun of me. However, after I waxed her up.. I am very, very happy with the Kona Blue. The only thing I don't like is the "Skip Shift". It's not helping me get used to the 6-speed.. thinking your in 2nd when your in 4th can get a little annoying.
you either need to get into the gas harder, turn TCS off, or get a skip shift delete.

also, kona blue is amazing. I love it on mine, depending on the light the car has a completely different dynamic.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:29 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Your car or your wife?

Hahaha
Old 09-30-2010, 08:14 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

I still have yet to run into the skipshift without actively trying to engage it. I know how it works, I just think I shift at slightly higher RPMs. I also think the 3.73s pretty much eliminate it unless you are REALLY shifting early.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:12 AM
KING F

congrats : ) but the car look like 2010 !?!

Quick Reply: Got my 2011 5.0 Mustang!