Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worst morning ever

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

It is also possible that the brake fluid level switch, or its wiring/connector is causing this on a sporadic basis.

Be that as it may, the last place you need to be looking when you're moving out into traffic or when things start going south on you is down at the instruments. At those moments, what they're displaying isn't important - no matter what the actual problem is, you still have to deal with it, without the luxury of time to waste.

Look out the window right at where you want to go, not at the things that you don't want to hit.

I do understand that it can be pretty easy to get these cars a bit sideways under slippery conditions. And it can be easy for some people to start panicking once that happens. Do yourself a favor and take in an autocross on a rainy day. You'd be surprised at what cars - most any cars - can do, and what you can sense starting to happen and even recover from, once you have a little practice. Do this with TC off.

Just a suggestion, using texting/twitter shortcuts on a critical technical issue such as this one probably doesn't present the image that you want to be showing. This isn't intended as flame, but I am being serious.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 10-10-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:59 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Well then, forget what we all said...
It's prolly something stupid but it has to be fixed for piece of mind alone.
Let us know what it was, so we can put it in our memory bank.
We'll never know too much, lol.

Good luck.
I cant forget what you guys said...the water could have caused it...but i'll let you all know when i get it fixed
Old 10-10-2010, 08:03 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
It is also possible that the brake fluid level switch, or its wiring/connector is causing this on a sporadic basis.

Be that as it may, the last place you need to be looking when you're moving out into traffic or when things start going south on you is down at the instruments. At those moments, what they're displaying isn't important - no matter what the actual problem is, you still have to deal with it, without the luxury of time to waste.

Look out the window right at where you want to go, not at the things that you don't want to hit.

I do understand that it can be pretty easy to get these cars a bit sideways under slippery conditions. And it can be easy for some people to start panicking once that happens. Do yourself a favor and take in an autocross on a rainy day. You'd be surprised at what cars - most any cars - can do, and what you can sense starting to happen and even recover from, once you have a little practice. Do this with TC off.

Just a suggestion, using texting/twitter shortcuts on a critical technical issue such as this one probably doesn't present the image that you want to be showing. This isn't intended as flame, but I am being serious.

Norm
Thanx for the info...where did the texting comment come from? I wasn't texting while driving(if that's what you were inferring)
Old 10-11-2010, 06:05 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shad2009
Thanx for the info...where did the texting comment come from?
From here . . .
Originally Posted by shad2009
N e body have n e insight on y this happened?
I was not at all suggesting that you were texting while driving. Just that texting itself has no place in serious discussions such as this one.

At best, text message shortcuts make it look like you're unwilling to invest the time to write clearly. At worst, they can make it look like you might not understand the replies. I know that's not how you intended it to appear, but that is the way it comes across.

BTW, I'd have responded sooner, but I wasn't at a computer where I could open my shop manual CD-ROM. My company is kind of funny about employees loading "unapproved" software on their computers.

Norm