Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bama Tune vs Brenspeed Tune Impression

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 08:55 AM
jsnyng
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
Sounds like you need to buy from them
http://www.americanmuscle.com/free-t...fo-tuners.html
They must have recently (in the last week) changed the wording on that on their site. I have seen AMChrisRose state otherwise in several places. I'll see if I can find one of his posts and post up a link.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:57 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Sounds like you need to buy from them
http://www.americanmuscle.com/free-t...fo-tuners.html
They could be talking about the order number of your tuner from them... I've always heard it as you get a new part doesn't matter from where you get it from you just let them know and they update your tune.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:22 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

I dont know..this sounds like you need to purchase parts from them to get the free tune
"Whenever you buy a new part from us that requires a new tune, we'll send you one free - simply contact us with your order number!"
Old 10-15-2010, 09:58 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

I dont know..this sounds like you need to purchase parts from them to get the free tune
"Whenever you buy a new part from us that requires a new tune, we'll send you one free - simply contact us with your order number!"
Thats lame, especially since they don't hold some 4.0 parts that you can get other places...
Old 10-15-2010, 10:01 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Thats lame, especially since they don't hold some 4.0 parts that you can get other places...
Maybe that's why to many of us it seems like they'll tune you even if you don't buy from them. It's possible that if you buy something they don't even offer, they would still custom tune it in for you. I could be wrong, but just a guess.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:01 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsnyng
I have the exact opposite experience and opinion on my '11 5.0. Bama is mushy/boggy and Brenspeed is a beast. I'm on my 3rd set of tunes from Bama.

Both companies have provided excellent service. I'm sure I'll eventually get my Bama tunes straightened out, but right now for me it's Brenspeed all the way.
This is unusual. It's actually our first 2011 complaint that I'm aware of. Call 888.226.9764 (bama directly) and speak to Mike Wilson. He's here 9AM-5:30PM EST Monday-Friday. We have some updated calibrations, but he'll verify that everything looks correct.

We just went 11.90 with our auto with simple bolt-ons, I'm wondering if your 1-4 skip shift got left on.

Call us!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:03 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

they both offer free tunes for life..If you buy the SCT at brenspeed they will give you a free updated tune if you buy the part for them..Bama tunes are the exact same way..they will give you free tunes if you bought your SCT from them and buy the new part from them..Neither company will give you free updated tunes if you buy parts elsewhere.
This is wrong. We update your tune files regardless where you purchase your parts.

Of course, we hope that you purchase parts from us. We strive to price match, free shipping, great customer service, same-day shipping, etc. I understand that we don't carry certain products like Kooks Headers for example. We're not going to penalize you for it.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:07 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Our web guys are taking care of the wording now so that it's much more clear. Sorry about the confusion.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:34 PM
jsnyng
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
This is unusual. It's actually our first 2011 complaint that I'm aware of. Call 888.226.9764 (bama directly) and speak to Mike Wilson. He's here 9AM-5:30PM EST Monday-Friday. We have some updated calibrations, but he'll verify that everything looks correct.

We just went 11.90 with our auto with simple bolt-ons, I'm wondering if your 1-4 skip shift got left on.

Call us!
I just left a message for him to call me. He was at lunch. The last tunes I received were last Thursday, October 7th, from Ryan McDonald. All of the tunes run fine at WOT, but they all are AWFUL for daily driving. I just put your 93 Street tune back on it at lunch while I was in the Sonic parking lot waiting on my burger. Just circling the building to get to the exit in the back, the car had already shifted into 3rd gear in the parking lot. The speedo read 12MPH when it shifted to 3rd. With the exception of 1st gear and 6th gear, the car is always in the wrong gear. On the way home it shifted into 6th at 37MPH.

In no way am I trying to trash you guys. You've got a great reputation and thus far have provided me with great customer service. I just have not received a great product... yet. You, AMChrisRose, are the reason I chose AM/Bama first. Your visibility and willingness to come onto the forums and help everyone is great. I'm disappointed that I had to spend $75 to get Brenspeed to send me a tune, but I felt like that was my only option to make the car drivable and actually have something to compare your tunes to. The Bama tunes actually make me dislike my car, and that's hard to do.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:36 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
This is wrong. We update your tune files regardless where you purchase your parts.

Of course, we hope that you purchase parts from us. We strive to price match, free shipping, great customer service, same-day shipping, etc. I understand that we don't carry certain products like Kooks Headers for example. We're not going to penalize you for it.
Awesome, glad you verified that!

Quick Reply: Bama Tune vs Brenspeed Tune Impression