Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My review of Koni yellows and Steeda Springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 11:09 AM
DPE
2nd Gear Member

Ahh, the joys of Koni packaging. They make great shocks and have packaged them craptastically for many, many years now. I bought my first set about 16 years ago; they were a little dinged up and some of the yellow paint had migrated to the inside of the box. Since then I've bought many sets personally, and I sold about 120 sets of Konis a few years ago when running my own business. Mostly for RX-8s. 75% of the ones I'd get, straight from Koni, I had to touch up and repack before I'd resell them (yes, I did disclose this to my customers). Plastikote T-92 'School Bus Yellow' is a close paint match . Eventually my bitching (and presumably others) did improve the packaging on RX-8 shocks, but they simply don't get it. Just got my rear Konis for the Mustang and they were dinged up a little, and my fronts should arrive Tuesday. I wouldn't bet against them needing a little touchup!
Old 06-03-2011, 12:09 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DPE
Ahh, the joys of Koni packaging. They make great shocks and have packaged them craptastically for many, many years now. I bought my first set about 16 years ago; they were a little dinged up and some of the yellow paint had migrated to the inside of the box. Since then I've bought many sets personally, and I sold about 120 sets of Konis a few years ago when running my own business. Mostly for RX-8s. 75% of the ones I'd get, straight from Koni, I had to touch up and repack before I'd resell them (yes, I did disclose this to my customers). Plastikote T-92 'School Bus Yellow' is a close paint match . Eventually my bitching (and presumably others) did improve the packaging on RX-8 shocks, but they simply don't get it. Just got my rear Konis for the Mustang and they were dinged up a little, and my fronts should arrive Tuesday. I wouldn't bet against them needing a little touchup!
Ok good I'm glad mine wasn't a random thing. Its pretty strange that they do that lol
Old 09-26-2013, 08:52 PM
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Okay I have to ask. But how can the ride both be stiffened, yet also let you feel less uncomfortable when going over semi rough patches of road?
Simple answer. Shock/Struts. The Koni STR.T shocks made a very noticeable difference on my otherwise stock GT.

I'm installing Steeda Sport springs and front/rear Strano bars next week...can't wait to take it to the next level.