Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just did CAI and tune; couple questions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 08:54 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Default just did CAI and tune; couple questions...

Sooo, I have a 2007 mustang gt (manual). Today I installed the C&L Street intake and used the Diablosport Predator tuner. I installed the "95mm CAI tune" since there was no tune for C&L...

I looked online and it said that Diablosport doesn't make a tune for C&L anymore so I need to find some kind of custom tune.

- Where do I get a good custom tune?
- Can I change my settings so the TCS system default is off instead of on?
- Can I turn off the TPMS system so I don't get the error message anymore?
- Can I adjust my odometer/speedometer for different size wheels (I now have 255/35/20)?
- Is there any extra upkeep/ engine maintenance involved with having a CAI?

lastly. when I open the hood and the engine's running, I hear some faint clicking noise (kind of like a sewing machine). Is one of my air sensors off or something?

Thanks for everyones help! MF is like having a mechanic friend, so i appreciate it my mechanic friends! I will post photos of everything tomorrow.

Last edited by ThaiCobra; 10-16-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:02 PM
jayed53
2nd Gear Member

well first off, is it the racer or the street kit? If its the street try the 85mm canned tune or revert to the 8r35 version of the predator to unlock the C&L tunes that were on there at one time. This can be found here: http://www.cnlperformance.com/U7140update.html. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:11 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

It is the street kit

Okay I just looked @ that guide. So now I need to buy a PC interface for the tuner? It looks like I need this one: http://www.coolcarpartsonline.com/po...r-power-supply

Last edited by ThaiCobra; 10-16-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThaiCobra
Sooo, I have a 2007 mustang gt (manual). Today I installed the C&L intake and used the Diablosport Predator tuner. I installed the "95mm CAI tune" since there was no tune for C&L...

I looked online and it said that Diablosport doesn't make a tune for C&L anymore so I need to find some kind of custom tune.

- Where do I get a good custom tune? - I hear that Brokkspeed (sp?) writes good tunes for the Diablo
- Can I change my settings so the TCS system default is off instead of on? - I don't believe that's an option but there is a mod that'll default it to off. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=462075
- Can I turn off the TPMS system so I don't get the error message anymore? - No. we're stuck with this one.
- Can I adjust my odometer/speedometer for different size wheels (I now have 255/35/20)? - I know the SCT's allow tire RPM changes and I suspect the Diablo does, too
- Is there any extra upkeep/ engine maintenance involved with having a CAI? - Not other than cleaning and reoiling the filter every 15,000-25,000 miles (that'll start another debate).

lastly. when I open the hood and the engine's running, I hear some faint clicking noise (kind of like a sewing machine). Is one of my air sensors off or something? - you're probably hearing the injectors clicking. It's normal but there is a TSB on it if you think yours is excessive, but I doubt it is.

Thanks for everyones help! MF is like having a mechanic friend, so i appreciate it my mechanic friends! I will post photos of everything tomorrow.
Responses above in red.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:17 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

Regarding the TCS being turned off by default, Brenspeed did this to mine when I had it Dyno Tuned. Not sure if they are able to do it with the email tunes.

SCT, by the way.

Ric
Old 10-16-2010, 10:24 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Awesome everybody! thanks

but do i need to buy the PC interface? it looks like it costs 30bucks...

Last edited by ThaiCobra; 10-16-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:40 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

oh and sailing, did they turn off the TCS permanently or did they just swap the default to off?
Old 10-16-2010, 10:54 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThaiCobra
oh and sailing, did they turn off the TCS permanently or did they just swap the default to off?
Permanently, meaning pressing the button did not turn it on.

And yes, you need an interface for the PC otherwise there is no way to put the tunes onto your tuner (assuming you are having one sent to you?). Unless your tuner has Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Which would kick @ss.

Ric
Old 10-17-2010, 10:25 AM
jayed53
2nd Gear Member

30 bucks?? Its a serial cable, go to radio shack and grab a power adapter and the serial cable for cheap. Perhaps find a local computer store, they may have one laying around that t hey will just give you.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

congrats on your newest mods =)

Quick Reply: just did CAI and tune; couple questions...