Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So whats up with the 2012 GT?

Old 10-21-2010, 11:22 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
Main thing is based on some of the issues people are having on the 2011s right now.

Also seeing if the Camaro gets faster. z28 supposed to be coming back too.
The issues with the '11 Coyotes really have nothing to do with the Coyote engine themselves. Just other lingering things like the Chinese MT82 tranny every now and then exhibiting some difficulty to shift or while shifting, and some other body stuff like possible water leaks, or of course, breaks squeaking.

I've yet to read about the Coyote engine itself failing.

And of course, if Chevy brings back teh Z28, the Z28 will no doubt cost much more than what a GT or even a Camaro SS will cost.

Here are the 'Stang to Camaro line up comparisons and what trims are supposed to compete with what:

'Stang V6 is supposed to go up against Camaro V6
'Stang GT is supposed to go up against Camaro SS
'Stang GT Premium is supposed to go up against Camaro SS2
'Stang GT500 is supposed to trump the Camaro Z28 (if GM ever puts it back out).

However, just maybe, I am not sure so I say just maybe, the Z28 will not be intended to go against the GT500 so teh paring would thus be:
'Stang Boss going up against Camaro Z28
Old 10-21-2010, 11:52 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I agree but I see a lot of post on here people saying the 2012 will be faster.
If you wanna go fast, why don't you just shove a rocket up the ****?
Old 10-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Main thing is based on some of the issues people are having on the 2011s right now.

Also seeing if the Camaro gets faster. z28 supposed to be coming back too.

You know what? Before the new 5.0 came out you were asking questions trying to jump on it.... it was made aware and said that new models always have kinks to work out.

Just like the Camaro's. They had some tranny problems.

Now you think that some new faster Mustang is going to come out
that will not have any issues at all in the first year?
You don't listen very much.

And the other person that said you said nothing about issues only performance was right.
You went from "A lot of people are saying the 2012 will be faster" to.. "Its mainly because of
issues people have been having with the 2011's"
Um... WTF man?

Pretty much ALL new models are going to have issues the first year. If you want the newest and fastest and best like you are always talking about you are going to have to take the fact that issues will probably arise. Hard truth isn't it?

Oh but wait... watch out... when you get your new car another car will come out that is faster
and your's will be "obsolete and worthless" as you described your car.
Geez man, you really haven't a clue.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 10-22-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:37 AM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Blacksmoke is dead on.

OP how old are you seriously? From what Jim5.0 stated, sounds like you dont even have credit and your worrying about other cars and getting the latest and greatest ****? Get your priorities straight. Dont worry about other cars, worry about your own stuff.

You dont even know how to compare apples to apples. What mods do you have on your car? WHy not save money and build that up. I havent even read any of your other posts, but from this thread alone, i can tell you have dont have the slightest clue about anything. Read a magazine, google ****, read more forums,..... you will learn alot and wont have to post stupid stuff up.

Last edited by ChiDiddy; 10-22-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:52 AM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ChiDiddy
Blacksmoke is dead on.

OP how old are you seriously? From what Jim5.0 stated, sounds like you dont even have credit and your worrying about other cars and getting the latest and greatest ****? Get your priorities straight. Dont worry about other cars, worry about your own stuff.

You dont even know how to compare apples to apples. What mods do you have on your car? WHy not save money and build that up. I havent even read any of your other posts, but from this thread alone, i can tell you have dont have the slightest clue about anything. Read a magazine, google ****, read more forums,..... you will learn alot and wont have to post stupid stuff up.
He is 27, lives with his parents, and is still going to school iirc. dont waste your time he has been told all of this before.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:00 AM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lil_Chef
He is 27, lives with his parents, and is still going to school iirc. dont waste your time he has been told all of this before.
Wow..... enough said man. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 10-22-2010, 03:20 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
The 2012 Boss yes.

I have'nt seen a post on here commenting on the regular GT being any faster.
Good grief man give it a break though.

Half the time you post about crap like this and the other half you are posting about
how your parents wont cosign for you.
Give it a rest already.

Maybe someday you will learn to be happy with what you have.
i'll drink to that! spoiled little brats just don't get it
Old 10-22-2010, 03:30 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
i'll drink to that! spoiled little brats just don't get it
+1
Old 10-22-2010, 05:38 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Jesus christ guys. All he did was ask if the 2012s will have any performance upgrades. You didn't have to go drag his age and his social position into it. It was just a simple question.

Way to lead the thread in a totally different direction.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:51 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

It gets kind of hard to remain patient when you are cursed with having a memory and you keep seeing the same two topics crop up from the same individual, just with new thread titles.

onegoal - maybe you should start a project car just so you'll learn that if it's ever going to get driven you have to stop choosing yet another set of "latest and greatest" parts to go into it. Sometimes you just have to call that part of the build done, at least for a little while. Even though Ford is several orders of magnitude bigger than any individual backyard effort, they are still subject to the same constraints. Under far greater time pressures.

It's no different when you're looking to buy a car for which the "state of the art" is undergoing constant improvement. At some point you have to decide to call it "good enough", throw that crystal ball of yours that keeps teasing you about what might be in the future out with the rest of the trash, and decide that you're really going to be happy with the car that you already have or actually can buy.

The alternative is a lifetime of frustration. Think about it.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 10-22-2010 at 06:58 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So whats up with the 2012 GT?