Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So whats up with the 2012 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 10:15 PM
onegoal
Banned

Default So whats up with the 2012 GT?

I was wondering has anyone heard if the 2012 GT will have even more power? I know the Boss is coming back.

I was wondering cause if there is no increase in power I could get a better deal next year when the new model comes out and will have more $ saved up.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Synyster06Gates
4th Gear Member

Why would they put out an engine for one year then add more power the next? I don't see it happening till 2014.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:23 PM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by Synyster06Gates
Why would they put out an engine for one year then add more power the next? I don't see it happening till 2014.
I agree but I see a lot of post on here people saying the 2012 will be faster.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:28 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

thats stupid...... the BOSS will be obviously, but not the normal GT. Use common sense.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

The 2012 Boss yes.

I have'nt seen a post on here commenting on the regular GT being any faster.
Good grief man give it a break though.

Half the time you post about crap like this and the other half you are posting about
how your parents wont cosign for you.
Give it a rest already.

Maybe someday you will learn to be happy with what you have.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:52 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
I was wondering has anyone heard if the 2012 GT will have even more power? I know the Boss is coming back.

I was wondering cause if there is no increase in power I could get a better deal next year when the new model comes out and will have more $ saved up.
Chances are the 2012 GT will be the same as the 2011 GT. Some minor tweaks such as a better flowing intake (one that will flow more than 800CFM instead of 2011's 750 CFM), good for maybe 5 more crank BHP, and a tweaked stock factory tune for maybe another 10 crank BHP.

But don't expect direct injection yet. That will not come out until maybe 2014 (50's anniversary). And even in 2014, if direct injection does come out, a supercharged version of the 5.0 will not come out so soon either. And if it does, the supercharged or turbocharged version will be on exclusive trims (Boss, maybe, but most likely only in the GT500 or Cobra if Cobra is resurrected)
Old 10-21-2010, 11:08 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
The 2012 Boss yes.

I have'nt seen a post on here commenting on the regular GT being any faster.
Good grief man give it a break though.

Half the time you post about crap like this and the other half you are posting about
how your parents wont cosign for you.
Give it a rest already.

Maybe someday you will learn to be happy with what you have.
Well, at least he is taking some of our advice and holding onto that money he says he has, and is saving up even more for a larger down.
Whether he is taking our advice because he came to his senses or if he is doing so by default because his parents refuse to co-sign, none the less, he is following us (choice or not).

I would hope he is also taking some of our other advice such as getting a beginner's credit card and only charging very little on it and paying it off completely every month. By doing this between now and next august, maybe he will have just enough of a credit score to actually get a loan.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:12 PM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Well, at least he is taking some of our advice and holding onto that money he says he has, and is saving up even more for a larger down.
Whether he is taking our advice because he came to his senses or if he is doing so by default because his parents refuse to co-sign, none the less, he is following us (choice or not).

I would hope he is also taking some of our other advice such as getting a beginner's credit card and only charging very little on it and paying it off completely every month. By doing this between now and next august, maybe he will have just enough of a credit score to actually get a loan.
Main thing is based on some of the issues people are having on the 2011s right now.

Also seeing if the Camaro gets faster. z28 supposed to be coming back too.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:12 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

i doubt the 2012 will get anything pertaining to power. It just came out, so a better flowing intake to even make a 5-10 hp diff is not likely. Not a smart marketing tactic to make 11' owners feel ousted...
Old 10-21-2010, 11:15 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
Main thing is based on some of the issues people are having on the 2011s right now.

Also seeing if the Camaro gets faster. z28 supposed to be coming back too.

your main post notes nothing about issues, only power. The 2011 gt500 is alrdy there to answer the z28. Anything done to the motors will be nothing significant to even worry about(SS and GT). best to expect is an intake, which anyone could do.

Quick Reply: So whats up with the 2012 GT?