Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trying to save my pennies for the procharger... But this is hard

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

He needs to be informed about this.
It is alot more in depth than he realizes and more costly.

He needs to be SMART about it.
In my opinion doing this is NOT a smart idea.
Especially in the finacial situation he is in.

I think he is getting in WAY over his head and could end up losing
his car because of it.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I always say when it comes to FI... think about the scenario where you're driving and the motor grenades. What will you do? Will you be out of a car and unable to get yourself to work/school? Do you have the money to rent a car for a couple weeks and drop it off at a performance shop and say "bill me"? Do you have a second vehicle that you can drive and fix yours whenever you want? And so on... anyone buying a supercharger should know the answer to this, and be comfortable with it. I'm willing to bet at least 1/2 the people on here with blowers on their car would be royally hosed if that car blew up...
Old 10-27-2010, 04:49 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
He needs to be informed about this.
It is alot more in depth than he realizes and more costly.

He needs to be SMART about it.
In my opinion doing this is NOT a smart idea.
Especially in the finacial situation he is in.

I think he is getting in WAY over his head and could end up losing
his car because of it.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:50 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
I always say when it comes to FI... think about the scenario where you're driving and the motor grenades. What will you do? Will you be out of a car and unable to get yourself to work/school? Do you have the money to rent a car for a couple weeks and drop it off at a performance shop and say "bill me"? Do you have a second vehicle that you can drive and fix yours whenever you want? And so on... anyone buying a supercharger should know the answer to this, and be comfortable with it. I'm willing to bet at least 1/2 the people on here with blowers on their car would be royally hosed if that car blew up...
Correct. Even with having some of these options, you're hosed.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:12 PM
yellowblz11
1st Gear Member

i agree with others n Blacksmoke! but i would atleast buy the HID's and scrap the hood pins....for now, but yes it is possible to save for what u want. I was in your place alil while ago. i like to shop for clothes n games and also for my car...Sold my '99 awhile ago n saved another 10g's on top of that...i NEVER thought i could do that n still looked fresh to death lol u can too.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:38 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Nuke
Maybe we should simplify this by reason of "beauty is just a light switch away."

(nothing like 2 topics at once...)
Or..................... Alcohol will find beauty for you.

mdg, I don't think we scared the OP, lol.
He's not a n00b and Nuke, Blacksmoke, Norm, provided sound advices IMO.

Last edited by pascal; 10-27-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:23 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

ok so I read everything in this thread, and no i didnt get scared away, i was at work. haha.

I know most of the expenses that come along with it. The reason why i want to go FI is due to the fact that i have done most of what i can performance wise as bolt on, (yes all myself, i use to work at an autobody shop) all exhaust, intake, suspension, ive got it all done...

I know the expenses that come along with it.. I already have the gauges, and they are installed (by me) and i would install the S/C with my dad. I know i need a good tune, and i want 2 oil separators, that looks more evened out...

I have a spare car, an expedition... if god forbid anything happened to my car.

So what i am thinking is if I save 5000 and buy the pro charger and hold onto it, save some more for a custom dyno tune (i know a guy) and then some fall back money, 2 more grand, then wouldnt i be in the green...

I know that a lot of sh*t can go wrong with a F/I car, but if it has a pro tune, mild, and well maintained... then isn't that safe...

and it is covered under insurance, (my dad is owner of a branch of allstate) if you keep documents it adds to final value of vehicle in a collision.

A ton of people i know have F/I with no problems on crazy amounts of boost. I am not looking for insane, I know I will eventually do it, but if I cover my *** and have fall back cash, then isnt it seem ok.

I think that is what you guys are getting at, save my money, then save some more, cause you dont know what comes up in the future especially with F/I... so if i have fail safe cash to fall back on after i build up my bank account then i am in the green... thats what i am getting?
Old 10-28-2010, 12:28 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

and i talked to the parents and i am a grad this year so they said as my christmas / grad present they might get me my HID's, and this rear valance i want... so that would be cool that way i can take the money i have now and save it to build up my bank... enough to where i can have a fall back if the F/I goes boom for some reason...
Old 10-28-2010, 12:36 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

well **** then u already have done ur homework and know whats going on. U just have to pull the trigger and do it. Ur bright enough to the risks involved and the amount of money it may or may not take. just be smart with ur driving and u should be fine. get use to it. research blown engines and u will read about what not to do
Old 10-28-2010, 12:51 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

o and this is the rear valance i am asking for... what do you guys think?

Quick Reply: trying to save my pennies for the procharger... But this is hard