Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Advancetrac service

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 11:13 AM
cjs06
2nd Gear Member

Default 2011 Advancetrac service

So I hit 14000 miles today and no mile later Advancetrac turned off and displayed Advancetrac service; couldn't turn it off or on. I did a vehicle health report via SYNC and everything is green.

Was this a fluke or should I take a trip to the dealer?
Old 10-28-2010, 02:36 AM
Gr8T STANG
1st Gear Member

I would put the stock tune back in and if it happens again take it to the dealer.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Throck!

A somewhat older thread, but I'll reply as it just happened to me and thought I'd post what Ford found so other people searching for information will know another possible solution to their Advanctrac dummy mode problem.

I tried to stop about a month ago and it felt like the brake booster wasn't working. 30-0mph took forever, just had no brakes (someone pulled out in front of me).

After changing the brake pads and fluid (and an incorrect installation of a rear pad leading to a new caliper and rotor...grrr) it was still randomly happening and the ABS and traction control lights all came on with 'service advancetrac' in the information window.

I couldn't find anything while searching so decided to take it into Ford.

They found my issue was the ABS control module (the manifold block under the air filter with all the brake lines coming out of it). I guess there's some electronics in it that failed somehow. They're fixing it under warranty (2010).

Other people may have different problems leading to advancetrac failure, such as a wire melted by slight misalignment of aftermarket exhaust, this is just what happened to me.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

That makes some sense, at least as something to have to check and eliminate as a possible cause. Many of the "advanced driver aids" are piggybacked on the ABS since that knows what all the wheel speeds are. So when the ABS goes inop for any reason and shuts itself off, all the downstream things have lost a required signal and go AWOL as well.

Norm
Old 05-25-2011, 02:07 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Throck!
A somewhat older thread, but I'll reply as it just happened to me and thought I'd post what Ford found so other people searching for information will know another possible solution to their Advanctrac dummy mode problem.

I tried to stop about a month ago and it felt like the brake booster wasn't working. 30-0mph took forever, just had no brakes (someone pulled out in front of me).

After changing the brake pads and fluid (and an incorrect installation of a rear pad leading to a new caliper and rotor...grrr) it was still randomly happening and the ABS and traction control lights all came on with 'service advancetrac' in the information window.

I couldn't find anything while searching so decided to take it into Ford.

They found my issue was the ABS control module (the manifold block under the air filter with all the brake lines coming out of it). I guess there's some electronics in it that failed somehow. They're fixing it under warranty (2010).

Other people may have different problems leading to advancetrac failure, such as a wire melted by slight misalignment of aftermarket exhaust, this is just what happened to me.
Hi Throck!

Thank you for posting your personal experience. I am glad the dealer diagnosed it and that it was covered under warranty for you. Even though this thread is a bit dated, it may help someone searching for this issue in the future. And the reasons Norm Peterson posted are helpful as well!

~Natasha

Last edited by FordService; 05-25-2011 at 02:35 PM.