Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Paint Sucks

Old 11-12-2010, 08:57 AM
carguygt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by KXRM
I haven't had any issues with the paint on any Ford I have owned. My cousin's Civic? Fade and clear coat peeling off. Orange peel aside of course, but I am not expecting perfection from a discount manufacturer. Just keep it from fading/peeling after 5 years.
just wait out man, it'll come... they all use the same paint, and same way to apply it...it'll chip and peel on your car too...
Old 11-12-2010, 08:58 AM
carguygt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
@carguygt- If you are going to any shop to get your re-painted or touched up even, be prepared to pay an arm and a leg. I say this from experience (as limited as it may be =) because when I had my old car, I wanted it repainted, and they quoted me well over 4k. And the better places will likely charge you more, so if that is in your price range-GO for it. (just steer clear of generic places like maaco) and itll be fine. But my experience was not pleasant.
Your perfectly correct! I know its going to cost a **** ton, and on army wages it'll take a while to save up enough money to do it, thats why its not done already, but i plan on a custom color, like orange, or a green, somthing you dont see around much, to make the extra money worth it.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:30 AM
mustang country
2nd Gear Member

I've had my '07 vista blue Mustang for three years now and I also recently discovered that the paint is eroding right in front of the hood. WHen I went to the dealership for the preveious maintenance check, he told me I have to go to the main dealership which is located 20 to 30 miles where I live. I'm hoping that sometime later this year or early next year, I can take it to a body shop and hopefully the cost won't be too much. I guess the paint that auto companies use aren't that good because I've seen some new cars that have paint erosion.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:25 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by carguygt
My 2011 has chips on the fenders, hood, bumper, mirrors etc... only has 3k on the odo, and most is city driving, its pathetic... Im going to get it redone at a different place, as I talked to ford, and they even said, that the paint they use now is water based, and chips easier, and will fade easier...but its "better for the enviro"...FVCK THAT ****!!! Who cares about that crap??? I want my 40k car to look good, not look good for a few kms, then look like a pimply faced teenager..
Hi carguygt,

This is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. It is unfortunate that you are having this issue with your Mustang and I surely understand your frustration with the responses you are getting. I would most definitely bring the vehicle back in to your local dealership and have them address your concern with the paint. If you have any further issues after that please contact our Ford Customer Service in Canada at 1-800-565-3673.

Deysha
Ford Customer Service Division
Old 11-15-2010, 08:34 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi carguygt,

This is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. It is unfortunate that you are having this issue with your Mustang and I surely understand your frustration with the responses you are getting. I would most definitely bring the vehicle back in to your local dealership and have them address your concern with the paint. If you have any further issues after that please contact our Ford Customer Service in Canada at 1-800-565-3673.

Deysha
Just wanna say that if you are indeed a verified Ford CS agent, your presence here on the forums is massively appreciated. I think there's a lot of help to go around.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:35 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by carguygt
Your perfectly correct! I know its going to cost a **** ton, and on army wages it'll take a while to save up enough money to do it, thats why its not done already, but i plan on a custom color, like orange, or a green, somthing you dont see around much, to make the extra money worth it.
Well, the good/bad news is that you won't have to worry about that :-X since it's been stolen.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:05 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by pdonket
Just wanna say that if you are indeed a verified Ford CS agent, your presence here on the forums is massively appreciated. I think there's a lot of help to go around.
Hi pdonket,

I wanted to thank you for your comment. It is great to know that I am welcomed in this forum.

Thanks again,

Deysha
Old 11-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi pdonket,

I wanted to thank you for your comment. It is great to know that I am welcomed in this forum.

Thanks again,

Deysha
I've called my local dealership about my hood paint corrosion and they have done nothing but avoid the issue. Calls, voicemails etc. I take a lot of pride in the way my car looks and to have corrosion of this caliber is embarrassing. Mine is all along the lip of the car, underside of the hood and looks terrible. Even my friend with a '10 GT is having a problem already. Very frustrating
Old 11-15-2010, 03:47 PM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec
I've called my local dealership about my hood paint corrosion and they have done nothing but avoid the issue. Calls, voicemails etc. I take a lot of pride in the way my car looks and to have corrosion of this caliber is embarrassing. Mine is all along the lip of the car, underside of the hood and looks terrible. Even my friend with a '10 GT is having a problem already. Very frustrating
This is a common problem with the Mustang's aluminum hood. Ford should fix it!
Old 11-20-2010, 08:09 PM
johnnyv555

Hey I'm late to this topic...the paint on my 2011 Mustang is really good and it is normal to see in some light, that the plastics don't match. I have owned come pretty expensive cars in my time and my new Mustang is really good. If you really want to have a laugh, take a look at the paint on a new Mercedes Benz. I'm not just talking about the paint on a C class, look at the paint on a 100k S class...the orange peal is really really bad.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford Paint Sucks