Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installed my HID's but...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 11:21 PM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
its probably in your manual
a manual that did not come with my car... i bought used. Can someone look in theirs for me?
Old 11-08-2010, 01:15 AM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

I will look in the morning. When i got my HIDs i disabbled mine just to be in the safe side.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:44 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DRock
I will look in the morning. When i got my HIDs i disabbled mine just to be in the safe side.
thank you man it will help a lot!
Old 11-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Nikodemos

Originally Posted by 08blackoutstang
a manual that did not come with my car... i bought used. Can someone look in theirs for me?
Simple Google Search.

I would suggest checking around page 90.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:32 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

UPDATE: I got my car back on Friday and spent 30 minutes on Saturday morning to see what was up... Turned out to be something simple and I feel like a dummy...

My power source (secured by a nut) had come loose... I cleaned up the dielectric grease and retightened it. Viola! I also rechecked my grounds to be on the safe side and all is looking good. I will be adding a lock washer later this week to be sure it doesn't happen again.

On a related note, when I first ordered these from Todd, he mentioned another customer who had a bad ground connection, preventing his set to turn on... Turned out this particular person's drivers side inner fended was not grounding properly. He tried a different spot and it worked.

08BlackoutStang, did you happen to check your connections, including making sure you have good metal to metal contact (sanding thru the paint where necessary and using a rust inhibitor/electrical promoter like dielectric grease). If you have already done this, have you been able to contact Todd yet? What did he say?

Don
Old 11-15-2010, 11:48 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
UPDATE: I got my car back on Friday and spent 30 minutes on Saturday morning to see what was up... Turned out to be something simple and I feel like a dummy...

My power source (secured by a nut) had come loose... I cleaned up the dielectric grease and retightened it. Viola! I also rechecked my grounds to be on the safe side and all is looking good. I will be adding a lock washer later this week to be sure it doesn't happen again.

On a related note, when I first ordered these from Todd, he mentioned another customer who had a bad ground connection, preventing his set to turn on... Turned out this particular person's drivers side inner fended was not grounding properly. He tried a different spot and it worked.

08BlackoutStang, did you happen to check your connections, including making sure you have good metal to metal contact (sanding thru the paint where necessary and using a rust inhibitor/electrical promoter like dielectric grease). If you have already done this, have you been able to contact Todd yet? What did he say?

Don
all problems where found and fixed haha, i grounded mine to my inner fender.. thats a no no so i re grounded my driverside and no problems what soever now!
Old 11-15-2010, 01:02 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

all problems where found and fixed haha, i grounded mine to my inner fender.. thats a no no so i re grounded my driverside and no problems what soever now!
Glad to hear your problems were simple like mine... I had a set of VVME HIDs first that had uneven output, intermittent flickering, and finally a balast went out after only 5 weeks. It was going to cost $20 or so to send back to China for warranty. I figured I would spend more on a set from someone who is stateside (incase I do have to deal with warranty issues) and now couldn't be happier. These are about as good as you can get if you don't want to spend $900 on the OEM set from Steeda...

Don
Old 11-15-2010, 04:08 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

05 Owners Manual Online
Old 11-15-2010, 05:02 PM
wusthof
2nd Gear Member

I've had crap dealings with VVME.....bulb fried, relay was hooped, tried to send back and got nothing but hassels! Finally said "pi$$ off" and got my money back thru my Credit cards - I won't buy anything else electrical again off of eBay or @ least if it's coming straight from China. Do we need a relay harness for our cars? I have DRL's, but they're hooked up to my parking lights. I have 50w bulbs left over after the smoke cleared - gunna go2 a ricer shop in the local mall for some ballasts......anyone on the relay harness? tia
Old 11-16-2010, 09:17 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wusthof
I've had crap dealings with VVME.....bulb fried, relay was hooped, tried to send back and got nothing but hassels! Finally said "pi$$ off" and got my money back thru my Credit cards - I won't buy anything else electrical again off of eBay or @ least if it's coming straight from China. Do we need a relay harness for our cars? I have DRL's, but they're hooked up to my parking lights. I have 50w bulbs left over after the smoke cleared - gunna go2 a ricer shop in the local mall for some ballasts......anyone on the relay harness? tia
I would recommend giving Todd a call at Retro-Solutions about the relay and the ballasts... He seems very knowledgable and very helpful. Not sure what it would cost to ship something to Canada, so might not be economically feasible.

Don

Quick Reply: installed my HID's but...