Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Big Thanks To Chris Rose and American Muscle!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 11:00 AM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

Excellent company & tunes. They wrote me a 91 octane street/race tune.
Basically a race tune with street shift pressures. Awesome tune.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:17 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

thats great
Old 11-09-2010, 11:28 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
IM sure u have called right to get this problem solved. I had one ordering problem but all other orders have gone great dealing with american muscle. They seem to have their act together and treat people right. There are other businesses for are mustangs that also stand out from the rest. Id like to give a thumbs up to them also
I have talked to them about it, first time they just told me that SCT was still not able to clear my computer code for a tune so that they still had their hands tied behind their backs. I emailed them maybe a week ago but haven't heard back since. I'll probably call them when I get some free time and see what's going on.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by pdonket
Don't want to bad mouth AM at all, but in case Chris stops by here sometime to comment, I'm having a bit of a problem with AM and the tuning process right now.

I ordered my tuner about a month ago now and was told I had to wait until SCT said my computer code was good to go for programming a tune before they could write one. But at this point, a month down the road and a bill for $354 charged, it feels like this is at least minorly ridiculous
This is SCT's fault.... not American Muscle's.
You should call SCT and talk to them about getting on the ball.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:05 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
This is SCT's fault.... not American Muscle's.
You should call SCT and talk to them about getting on the ball.
The thing is that I sorta see that as AM's responsibility. It's like if Ford hit production delays because of their seat manufacturer, would you really expect it to be my responsibility to call that manufacturer and tell them to do their job better? lol
Old 11-09-2010, 04:06 PM
mk70ss
2nd Gear Member

I've bought several things from AM, and you are right. great products, great service, and fast shipping. What more do you want?

Last edited by mk70ss; 11-09-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:49 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Don't want to bad mouth AM at all, but in case Chris stops by here sometime to comment, I'm having a bit of a problem with AM and the tuning process right now.

I ordered my tuner about a month ago now and was told I had to wait until SCT said my computer code was good to go for programming a tune before they could write one. But at this point, a month down the road and a bill for $354 charged, it feels like this is at least minorly ridiculous
I have been following this since it started. The PCM code that you have isn't supported by SCT yet. They've emailed and called SCT probably 20 times trying to get it solved for you. I promise you they're working on it.

This isn't a typical experience. We usually ship programmers and CAI/tuner combo kits in as little as 1.5 days and as long as 2-3 days. This is the first order we've gotten for this PCM code, and we tune easily over 50 2011's a week. Sorry about how it's panned out thus-far.

Let me see if I can't get it solved for you.

Future FYI - calling us Monday-Friday 9AM-5:30PM EST directly at 888.226.9764 is the best way to get things done. Tune updates are handled within 10 minutes, problems like this can be straightened way. It gets rid of a lot of unnecessary waiting time during correspondence. Emails take 24-48 hrs.

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 11-09-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:53 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
*snip! *

Thanks again Chris!
No praises until we see if the tune fixed it! I wish you luck! I'm confident it'll be resolved.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:00 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
I have been following this since it started. The PCM code that you have isn't supported by SCT yet. They've emailed and called SCT probably 20 times trying to get it solved for you. I promise you they're working on it.

This isn't a typical experience. We usually ship programmers and CAI/tuner combo kits in as little as 1.5 days and as long as 2-3 days. This is the first order we've gotten for this PCM code, and we tune easily over 50 2011's a week. Sorry about how it's panned out thus-far.

Let me see if I can't get it solved for you.

Future FYI - calling us Monday-Friday 9AM-5:30PM EST directly at 888.226.9764 is the best way to get things done. Tune updates are handled within 10 minutes, problems like this can be straightened way. It gets rid of a lot of unnecessary waiting time during correspondence. Emails take 24-48 hrs.
I do appreciate the effort going into the issue, and I just want to say that by no means to I think this is typical of course, I know AM carries an amazing reputation and honestly you can expect future purchases from me because of how well reputed you guys are.

Hopefully SCT will pull their stuff together so that I can get out of your hair and get on the road with my new tunes . Sorry for having a PITA PCM code haha.

Thanks again Chris for being part of a great company and being a giant help here on the forums, I know I'm one of many who appreciate your efforts!
Old 11-09-2010, 07:44 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

AM is a great company. I'm lucky enough to have them local to me, which is great. Also, they put on one hell of a car show every year, and use it as an opportunity to donate to a great charity. Good job AM.

Quick Reply: A Big Thanks To Chris Rose and American Muscle!