Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP BEFORE I END UP AT THE DEALER

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 11:11 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Default HELP BEFORE I END UP AT THE DEALER

I am still having a problem that keeps re-occurring with my power steering. I thought it was the kink in the hose from the fill tank, but it just started up again last night. What happens, is it gets EXTREMELYYYYYY tight when I try to turn the wheel left, but is fine when I turn it right. Anybody have any ideas???
Old 11-14-2010, 11:50 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Sorry, not much help here. I am not familiar with steering setup on the 2010s. Didn't they go electric? If not, sounds like something bad in the steering box. Why are you afraid to go to the dealer? You should have plenty left on the warranty.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:01 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Sorry, not much help here. I am not familiar with steering setup on the 2010s. Didn't they go electric? If not, sounds like something bad in the steering box. Why are you afraid to go to the dealer? You should have plenty left on the warranty.
I am not sure on the set up either, and I am not afraid I just hate to bring my car there cause its my DD and I end up going the day sometimes 2 without a car. I brought it to the dealer a month ago to fix my ambient lighting and they never fully fixed it, just reset the battery.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:04 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Any other dealer locally? Ask for a loaner.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:07 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Any other dealer locally? Ask for a loaner.
That experience was at the dealer where I purchased the car and they always tell me theres no loaner until friday. I am going to try the dealer 10 mins away from me and see how their service. Is a 5.0 loaner possible lol?
Old 11-15-2010, 06:46 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
That experience was at the dealer where I purchased the car and they always tell me theres no loaner until friday. I am going to try the dealer 10 mins away from me and see how their service. Is a 5.0 loaner possible lol?
..probably not, lol
Old 11-15-2010, 07:50 AM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Call ahead and schedule an appointment. Ask for a loaner when you schedule the appointment and you should be good to go. As far as the steering, the 2010 still used a hydraulic steering pump; 2011 switched to the EPAS. For your issue, it sounds like your rack is bad. I remember a very, very long time ago my brother had a 1980 Mustang that had that problem. Had the power steering pump checked and serviced many times to no affect. If I recall, it turned out the steering rack was bad.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

You should ALWAYS be able to get a loaner. Make it cleear that not only will they NOT get you back for service, you'll be sure to find a more "customer-friendly" dealership and service department.

With that said, don't even TRY to diagnose it or repair it yourself. That's what warranty is for.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

that sounds dangerous if you cannot turn tight enough because its too stiff. i would take it in bro.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:48 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Yupp going to take it in now leaving in 5 mins =/. An so much for the 5.0 loaner they only lend out focuses and low power stuff like that =[, this week is gonna suck!

Quick Reply: HELP BEFORE I END UP AT THE DEALER