Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got home from my 4:10 install and lowered!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 12:39 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CaneMustang
I really like the setup...Sticky!!!

With the springs, I have noticed a little more bounce. To be honest, I had the stock 19' on here before, I love the ride so much more with the 18's!
Yeah the stock 19"s hit too hard and traction is terrible. Your car looks great though with the silver and flat black theme
Old 11-25-2010, 09:00 PM
rangerheave
1st Gear Member

have any of you seen a Red/Flat Black themed car posted anywhere on this forum? I am interested in doing almost identical mods on my 2010 and was thinking of going that route with mine. wasnt sure how it all would look.

THe only thing your have done with yours that I was thinking differently on was 3:73's vs the 4:10's. Can seem to decide what would fit my needs for a daily driven car that spends 80% of the around town and not on the highway.

Your car looks awesome. Well done.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:20 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rangerheave
have any of you seen a Red/Flat Black themed car posted anywhere on this forum? I am interested in doing almost identical mods on my 2010 and was thinking of going that route with mine. wasnt sure how it all would look.

THe only thing your have done with yours that I was thinking differently on was 3:73's vs the 4:10's. Can seem to decide what would fit my needs for a daily driven car that spends 80% of the around town and not on the highway.

Your car looks awesome. Well done.
4.10'S!!!!!
Old 11-26-2010, 05:11 AM
gconnsr
2nd Gear Member

So the car was lowered and had a rear gear installed assuming with tune to fix the speedo in three hours? What about an alignment? Nascar super crew over there I guess. The rear rims look like the first good bump you hit you're going to eat a quarter, and I'm a little surprised on your minor reaction to the 4:10 gear. Most guys I know would have had that car sideways as soon as they left the store and it seems this would be the main topic. There's a major difference when you go to a 4:10, pretty hard not to notice even when NOT jumping on it. Ya, I'm a little skeptical on this one.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:32 AM
Scott2
2nd Gear Member

Car looks great! How do you like the 4.10's so far?
Old 11-26-2010, 10:01 AM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gconnsr
So the car was lowered and had a rear gear installed assuming with tune to fix the speedo in three hours? What about an alignment? Nascar super crew over there I guess. The rear rims look like the first good bump you hit you're going to eat a quarter, and I'm a little surprised on your minor reaction to the 4:10 gear. Most guys I know would have had that car sideways as soon as they left the store and it seems this would be the main topic. There's a major difference when you go to a 4:10, pretty hard not to notice even when NOT jumping on it. Ya, I'm a little skeptical on this one.
Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?
Old 11-26-2010, 10:03 AM
CaneMustang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by gconnsr
I guess I don't understand why you would be skeptical???...The shop is top notch and has been featured in 5.0 and MM&FF - Didn't need a new tune, they went into my sct and changed the gear ratio - that might have taken all but 3 minutes????
I just got my alignment today...
My reaction - well, I really did not get on it until yesterday - have a noticed a difference, of course I have.
This is also what I wrote on page two "Jeremy - have not hopped on it much, but a huge difference from my 3:31's"
Have been over bumps, no rubbing...

Last edited by CaneMustang; 11-26-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:05 AM
CaneMustang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Scott2
Car looks great! How do you like the 4.10's so far?
Hey Scott - like them a lot!!!
My tires are super sticky!
Old 11-26-2010, 12:50 PM
gconnsr
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5 Dot 0
Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?
So what's book labor on installing a rear end gear? And what do you think book labor would be on lowering a Mustang? Also, what kind of quality shop wouldn't do an alignment after dropping the car? As far as the statement about the rear tires eating the quarters, it looks like they're hanging out to far IMO.

Last edited by gconnsr; 11-26-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:05 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Car looks great, man - MV is a great shop!

If you don't mind, what did they charge to install the springs? I need to lower mine soon.

Quick Reply: Got home from my 4:10 install and lowered!