Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed my Brenspeed tune and HOLY #$%^!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 01:09 AM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

Default Just installed my Brenspeed tune and HOLY #$%^!!!

So, after months of deliberation, I finally took the plunge, bought a CAI and ordered my tune from Brenspeed. I had to wait almost two weeks to get the tune, but I can not believe the difference it's made in my car. I had read these forums over and over about tunes from Brenspeed, but I still was not prepared for the difference it made. It just feels like it has so much power, you lightly touch the accelerator and you're off. I just got new rear tires installed, but even with that I have to feather the accelerator or I'm spinning all over the place. Besides that, the fact that the rev limiter was upped just makes it scream when I get to higher revs. It literally feels like a whole new car.

I'm making this post for two reasons.

1) For those of you who are on the fence of whether you're going to get a tune or not, do it! It's cheap, I bought my JLT CAI used and a used XCal2 tuner, paid $250 total. Brenspeed tune was only $75, but I just saw that the price got lowered to $50. Honestly, for $300 there isn't a better upgrade for your car.

2) I have a question about my tune for those of you who have one. I have SLP Loudmouths on my car, and I've always loved the sounds, but I wanted something a little deeper and something that rumbles a little better. I was thinking about switching out my mid pipe to get that effect. Anyway, after installing this tune, it completely changed the sound of my exhaust, now it's much deeper, rumbles a lot more, and seems a ton louder. I even had my girlfriend drive it around a parking lot while I was outside of the car and listened, and it's completely amazing. Anyone else experience this? And if so, anyone know why this happens?

Thanks a ton MF for convincing me to get the Brenspeed tune, and if you haven't gotten one yet, get one!
Old 11-29-2010, 02:01 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

congrats man!

I agree, one of the best first mods!

I ran mine for nearly 2 1/2 years, w/4.10s thinking I was king of the street rofl
Old 11-29-2010, 07:18 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

It always amazes me when folks think "Everyone says that hitting their thumb with a hammer hurts but I doubt it" and then they hit their thumb with that hammer and say "Well whadaya know. It DOES hurt."

Welcome to the tuned club. I suspect the change in exhaust note has much to do with the changes to the various tables in the tune which changes the valve timing/spark relationship (amongst other things beyond my comprehension), similar to how deep our exhausts sound on initial startup as compared to minutes later.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
It always amazes me when folks think "Everyone says that hitting their thumb with a hammer hurts but I doubt it" and then they hit their thumb with that hammer and say "Well whadaya know. It DOES hurt."

Welcome to the tuned club. I suspect the change in exhaust note has much to do with the changes to the various tables in the tune which changes the valve timing/spark relationship (amongst other things beyond my comprehension), similar to how deep our exhausts sound on initial startup as compared to minutes later.
I don't know if it's that I didn't know that the hammer was going to hurt but more that I didn't know how MUCH it was going to hurt

Yea, that would make sense with the timings though, thanks for your input.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:05 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

.. now, try a Bama Race tune from American Muscle

Brenspeeds are great all around tunes, but the Bamatunes are nutts.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Yeah I love Brenspeed, but in my experience, I've always liked the Bama tunes better for the 2 autos I've had. The race tune is pretty "hot". On the manual 09 I had, flip a coin, they were both good (I ran the Brenspeed one before the blower went on).
Old 11-29-2010, 11:11 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I posted a similar thread a year ago when I got got the exact same setup. Best first mod there is. Congrats..........now go make a vid first to third gears. Lets hear those tires spin!
Old 11-29-2010, 12:00 PM
302_GT
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the upgrade. Brenspeed is a pretty good company to deal with. Great calibrations.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:59 PM
ski
4th Gear Member

The CAI may also affect the exhaust tone.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:09 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I enjoy my Brenspeed tune. IF AM/Bama had tunes on sale for black friday or cyber monday, I might have tried it. I spent the money on the PIE FRD04-AUX (aux input add-on for the shaker 500) instead.

Quick Reply: Just installed my Brenspeed tune and HOLY #$%^!!!