Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stripped 5.0 or Used 2007-09?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 07:25 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by raimjob2@hotmail.com
If I were you; I would be patient; save some money to buy the fully loaded; if you buy the low end model you will love it but after a wile you would be wishing you got leather seats spoiler; better wheels and stuff. if you buy the striped car you would have to mod it by your self; don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with that; but you would have to get time and money to mod it; and sometimes life an other expenses get in the way of the nodding budget. Be patient is my advice; save money to buy the stuff you what like you want it. Also be patient and careful with your new car.

get a par-time job and save your money; saving a bit more for maintenance is also a good idea!
I'm with this. I've sat in the premium and couldn't imagine NOT getting it. Im def shelling out the extra dough for the premium. Sync itself and the leather wrappe steering wheel are full of so much ^win.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:15 PM
RichieCal
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tightdogal
XD

I'm done wasting time with you. Obviously you're a kid who has NO knowledge of doing anything with money. It's also funny that my comment about the op getting a 5.0 over a 07Gt offends you just cause I drive a 03 and didn't feel like spending my extra 8k on a used car instead of me... Idk... Buying a house and buying the EXACT car I want a year or two from now seems more important. Then again, you own a s197 gt, so you not only are better than me, but you have total superior knowledge in my financial situations. Despite the fact that you totally failed to read my post. Where did I say I had 16k to blow? Did you NOT see the part where I said I was a fresh college grad? Btw I'm engaged, saving for a house. 8k going towards a house makes a big difference(mommy and daddy didn't teach you about how money works, huh?) I'd try to own you online(since you're obviously looking for a random efight for...no reason), but you basically just did that to yourself. XD (it's also lol-worthy that you're the ONLY one making a big deal about this. Noone else cares lol. He asked for which would we get, not "what do you drive so I can know about what car you drive, lmao)

Buying a car totally takes priority over the rest of my life. Sorry. I'll make sure to let the op know that.

Anyways, like I said, 5.0. I'd never even touch a 07-09 when you have the option of. 5.0 for virtually free.
Wrong my friend, I'm a grown man (not a kid) who owns a business, a house and 2 cars, so I think I have a liitle bit of knowledge about "doing stuff with money". Also when someone writes " I fully coulda bought the 06" which was 16k that says to me you had 16k to spend, but I guess I was right, you really didn't have it, so you settled on the 03...Anyway good luck to you and your fiancee, and Happy Holidays.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:35 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RichieCal
Wrong my friend, I'm a grown man (not a kid) who owns a business, a house and 2 cars, so I think I have a liitle bit of knowledge about "doing stuff with money". Also when someone writes " I fully coulda bought the 06" which was 16k that says to me you had 16k to spend, but I guess I was right, you really didn't have it, so you settled on the 03...Anyway good luck to you and your fiancee, and Happy Holidays.
If you were grown man with a business, you'd more than understand someone choosing something like a house over a car. I did "settle" and don't regret it one bit cause I'm enjoying the hell outta my GT. I'm a mustang fanboy. Been one for years. I like the 07, but I LOVE the 5.0 2011 cars. They're beautiful and that engine is great.

Thanks for understanding though. Happy holidays to you too
Old 12-08-2010, 12:10 PM
icrazy2u

Originally Posted by Snakebite64
How about a unmolested ultra low mileage GT500 as an option
Looked at those, they are a little to much for the millage on them on eBay.