Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT Power Pack 2 @ CJPonyParts.com on sale...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 09:47 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Default GT Power Pack 2 @ CJPonyParts.com on sale...

I'm not affliated with them at all, but just got an email saying they have 5-30% off most everything right now... I was poking around and found this on sale. It is going for $470.62 (normally lists for $814.95) and comes with JLT CAI, Flowmaster Axel Backs, and a SCT X3 tuner (with canned tunes, I'm sure)... Hell, you could get this and pay Brenspeed or Bama to email a tune to you and still come out ahead...

They even have the JLT CAI and tuner combo for $189.86 here... That's an awesome price... You can't get a used tuner for that much...

Just thought I would share... I'm gonna keep poking around too...

Don

Last edited by BigDinTexas; 12-10-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:01 AM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

WOW!!! i might just get it just to get a new tuner. i have the xcal 2 and been wanting a new sct3. and it comes with the jlt cai. thats a no brainer for guys you want to tune their cars. you cant find a tuner for under $500. ill be ordering one tomorrow or next week. good find buddy
Old 12-10-2010, 10:06 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shoeys08dkcandygt
WOW!!! i might just get it just to get a new tuner. i have the xcal 2 and been wanting a new sct3. and it comes with the jlt cai. thats a no brainer for guys you want to tune their cars. you cant find a tuner for under $500. ill be ordering one tomorrow or next week. good find buddy
Get it sooner than later... The sale looks to be good for only a limited time (I think I read 3 days) and it appears backorders will be allowed...

I figured these were good prices and wanted to share... Not exactly tech related (unless you want to say that people can now question whether this would be a good product for them or not), but I hope the mods don't mind...

Don
Old 12-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Not bad but I suspect their tune to not be quite as good a power adder as a Brenspeed or AM tune. Their advertised gain of 17 RWHP sounds a bit better than the lame, 12 RWHP FRPP tune. A good Brenspeed or AM tune is typically 20-25 RWHP gain. $189 for the JLT and tune is a great deal. You could always upgrade to a Brenspeed or AM tune later.

As far as the Flowmasters, that's a personal choice. You won't gain performance with ANY work after the stock H-pipe so it'll be just for tone.

Last edited by Nuke; 12-10-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:16 AM
V8 VOL
2nd Gear Member

Guess I need to update my post on the Christmas goodies thread....Looks like I will be getting a CAI and tuner for christmas!!!

I am going to assume that since I dont have any other engine mods that the tune that will come from CJ will be ok.....
Old 12-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by V8 VOL
..I am going to assume that since I dont have any other engine mods that the tune that will come from CJ will be ok.....
Other than my prior assumption that it'll be shy by about 8-10 RWHP compared to a good custom tune from AM or Brenspeed, it should be fine.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:24 AM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Other than my prior assumption that it'll be shy by about 8-10 RWHP compared to a good custom tune from AM or Brenspeed, it should be fine.
nuke, how u been buddy? i know the tune aint going to be as good but all i want is the tuner. i will send it to joe at dynospeed and get the tunes i have on my xcal 2 put on the xcal 3. you wont find another deal like this though.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

YO, Shoey! Good to see you back here, my friend, and a happy holidays to you.

I agree; the deal for the JLT and SCT3 at $189 is smokin'. You can always upgrade the tunes for... what is it these days? $50? $75? Sweet...
Old 12-10-2010, 12:19 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

happy holidays to you too buddy. ive been good. working like a dog and dont sit at a computer all day at work. so i dont get a chance to get on here as much anymore. might be moving to mississippi w/in the next 6 months. gf is gettin her ph.d from miss state. how ur gf and her stang doing?
Old 12-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shoeys08dkcandygt
happy holidays to you too buddy. ive been good. working like a dog and dont sit at a computer all day at work. so i dont get a chance to get on here as much anymore. might be moving to mississippi w/in the next 6 months. gf is gettin her ph.d from miss state. how ur gf and her stang doing?
Good to hear that (now that we jacked this thread!). My g/f joined me here in MS in June and all's well. This assignment could wrap up by February or go longer so I'll be putting some more feelers out. Lot's of work in my field so no worries. Both Stangs are fine. Let me know if you're coming to MS.

Quick Reply: GT Power Pack 2 @ CJPonyParts.com on sale...