Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which One Carfax or Autocheck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 02:44 PM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

Default Which One Carfax or Autocheck?

Anyone that can compare for me on which is better? I am looking at an 07 Mustang from a private party and would like to do a check.
Carfax shows 5 records,autocheck shows 8.I hear carfax is better but logic says the other guys have 8 records lol.
The prices aren't to much different,i would just like to know i am getting the best info possible and i don't want to have to pay for both.

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2010, 02:57 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

I have used Carfax with no problems, but as you stated, the logic says to get the Autocheck one since it has more records... However, bear in mind that if it were in an accident and fixed outside of insurance and it was never reported then neither will have that info... Be sure to have a reputable mechanic inspect it and consider the cost an investment to protect yourself. Look for signs of corrosion and take a little bit of time familiarizing yourself with the TSB that affect that vehicle. Good luck and welcome to the site. And remember, pics or it never happened.

Don
Old 12-27-2010, 03:20 PM
jsnyng
2nd Gear Member

PM me the VIN, and I'll run an AutoCheck for you. I bought unlimited ones for a month, so I've got a few days left on my subscription.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:09 PM
jsnyng
2nd Gear Member

I've got your AutoCheck report, but I need an email address to send it to. You've got PM's turned off.