Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered some new wheels and the VMP 500hp kit for my car

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 07:58 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
will do justin says expect 420 to 440whp out of the tune/pully combo
Yes please post your dyno results. Last week I pulled the stock 73mm pulley and installed Justins 2.55 pulley on the blower. His 90mm idler is a real nice piece too. My car is still apart in the garage however as I take my time with the M90 install. With my cams and headers I hope to be around 450'ish.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:35 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

You have one of the cleanest Blue GTs around Shane
Old 12-30-2010, 10:40 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

those are gonna look great
Old 12-30-2010, 11:25 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

.. looking forward to your first impressions of the 500hp kit. I hear nothing but good things about it, but be prepared to get an upgraded heat exchanger (AFCO XXL dual fan heat exchanger)
Old 12-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

TSW wheels are excellent, my bro has a set on his bmw....good choice bro
Old 12-30-2010, 02:25 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Thanks all, yes they come in 19" whoever asked that. They come in 20" too i believe. I'm more an 18" man myself. Now i just need to find me some new stems only, my sensors will transfer over fine but they tell me the stems have to be replaced. anyone have a suggestion on the press fit pulley install? i could not bring myself to pay $140 for the VMP tool knowing i woudl use it one time. I've now been told auto zone doesn't rent that tool. will any pullet remover work or is that vpm tool and the press on roush pulley special in some way? I did pop for the chrome pulley...bling, bling!
Old 12-30-2010, 02:28 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Thats it, I HATE YOU!!! You have the same car as me, only you have the rims I want and the supercharger with the same kit I want lol. Just kidding man can wait to see how it looks and see those dyno numbers after the install.
lol some days i hate me too, i really want to order up one of the k members with torque limiters too. i may do that soon to fix the poor shifting under load, i am sure an extra 65hp wont help that problem.

Here are some pics of them installed, these appear to be the polished ones
boiiing... yep i made the right choice. i almost, almost bought the foose speed wheels in black. if the dude had answered the phone i would have. I'm not a patient man so i bought those TSW wheels instead. i just hope the 32mm off set in the front works. the wheels on the car now are a bit too tucked in on the front for my tastes, would love them out another half inch or so.

i wonder if i will need hub centric rings? i happened across a thread somewhere the other day talking about wheel shake with some Shelby edition wheels i have had that since i put on my new wheels and just thought they were not balanced well. How will I know if i need them for those TSW wheels short of installing and seeing if it shakes?

someone asked about offsets, i ordered 18 x 9 fronts with 32mm offset and 18 x 9.5 rears with 40mm offset. i really didn't want that wide on the front but they will work with my 255's that was as close as they came in that wheel to the standard 30mm front and 40mm rear offsets.

Last edited by ShaneM; 12-30-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:59 PM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Thanks all, yes they come in 19" whoever asked that. They come in 20" too i believe. I'm more an 18" man myself. Now i just need to find me some new stems only, my sensors will transfer over fine but they tell me the stems have to be replaced. anyone have a suggestion on the press fit pulley install? i could not bring myself to pay $140 for the VMP tool knowing i woudl use it one time. I've now been told auto zone doesn't rent that tool. will any pullet remover work or is that vpm tool and the press on roush pulley special in some way? I did pop for the chrome pulley...bling, bling!
The VMP tool is a hoss and is probably your best bet getting the pulley off. It takes alot of force to make that pulley pop loose. You might do some damage trying to use a standard jaw puller. Without the proper puller you risk mushrooming the blower shaft or worse. I was able to borrow the VMP tool for the job.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:47 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

Nice wheels! my TSW came with rings. Also your going to love justin's tune also the tool he sells works awsome! used on my friends GT 500
Old 12-30-2010, 10:02 PM
black2010
2nd Gear Member

I'm still about 2-3 months out from having the funds to get the m-90 and VMP kit. Still debating on going with the r2300 over the M-90 since having the VMP kit puts me at about the same price but if I go with the M-90 I'll buy the tool off you. If you get an offer before, take it as I'm not 100% at this point as I have to see what my tax return will be this year but if it's the same or better from last year I'm taking the FI plunge :-) If I do go with the M-90 I'll hit you up and see if you still have the puller.

Quick Reply: Ordered some new wheels and the VMP 500hp kit for my car