Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had one of those OMFG I'm a Moron epiphanies today...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I've had no problem with my Rhino Ramps moving, even on multiple, smooth-finished garage floors and using them on numerous vehicles.

I don't trust ANYONE ELSE changing my oil. I've been changing my own oil since the late 70's; many many vehicles.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:30 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Good job getting your wake up call Shane. Your car is way too nice and powerful to have some donkey working on it.
I jack mine up from the k member and place the ramps under the wheels. I have heavy duty metal ramps too.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:35 PM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
Yep smokinAMD is like a buck-twenty with rocks in his pocket, i've taken dumps bigger than him.
Awww....thanks Shane!

And Nuke, I've never seen a concrete surface this slick before, it's crazy. It was so slick I thought there was anti-freeze residue left on it, so I power washed it and scrubbed it, now it's just even slicker.

It's almost like ice. My dogs have run into the garage from the driveway and fallen down multiple times once they hit the slick stuff. It's almost funny when they go sliding across the garage floor into the wall.

One of my projects for the spring is putting a coating down that will provide some more grip.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:39 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by smokinAMD
Awww....thanks Shane!

And Nuke, I've never seen a concrete surface this slick before, it's crazy. It was so slick I thought there was anti-freeze residue left on it, so I power washed it and scrubbed it, now it's just even slicker.

It's almost like ice. My dogs have run into the garage from the driveway and fallen down multiple times once they hit the slick stuff. It's almost funny when they go sliding across the garage floor into the wall.

One of my projects for the spring is putting a coating down that will provide some more grip.
lol
Old 01-01-2011, 10:42 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
There's an epoxy paint that you can add grit to for traction. It's super-easy to keep clean, resists oil...

I had a friend that had an issue with slipping ramps. He drilled 2 holes in the floor in front of where he'd position each ramp and used a wood block with 2 pieces of rebar thru the block into the holes in front of each ramp. Held like a charm and put away easy with the ramps.
just don't pick a spot with any pipes running underneath! probably easier to just get some skateboard grip tape sheets and stick them to the floor where you will put the ramps. Maybe that will keep them in place.

Edit- ok so it you post a reply within like a of the original post, you end up above them. it's Y2K man!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

There's an epoxy paint that you can add grit to for traction. It's super-easy to keep clean, resists oil...

I had a friend that had an issue with slipping ramps. He drilled 2 holes in the floor behind of where he'd position each ramp and used a wood block with 2 pieces of rebar thru the block into the holes behind each ramp. Held like a charm and put away easy with the ramps.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:51 PM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

Oh I know, it's just a matter of finding spare time to do it, having decent weather to coincide with the spare time, and also the wife having spare time available at the same time as myself so someone can watch the baby.

So it might get done in the next 7 years or so....
Old 01-01-2011, 11:26 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

yep..my jack doesnt fit under the car since I lowered it..so i just drive up on a left over piece of 2x10 I have..no problem then and it doesnt cost me anything
Old 01-02-2011, 02:58 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
just bought those puppies last week. been using them for my LT install. very nice set of ramps. only complaint is that my 255 wide tires are slightly wider than the ramp itself is...oh well.

normally I use a custom ramp built by stacking 2x8's together with different lengths. but it can be difficult to get the car ontop at times. The plastic ramps were a no brainer for $30
Old 01-02-2011, 05:02 AM
SteveB_RET
1st Gear Member

I had my ramps slide once, so I grabbed a spare piece of that rubber matting that goes under carpet to keep it from sliding on wood floors and put it under the ramps and now they stay put.....

Quick Reply: Had one of those OMFG I'm a Moron epiphanies today...