Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First clay bar experience WITH PICS

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Gotta invest in this. Thxs bro...
Old 01-02-2011, 05:14 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

Clay does make a nice big difference on the way thepaint feels huh..Also i bet you were surprised at seeing the clay at how much it pulls off you didnt even know was there.
As for Souveran compared to Klass..Klass will destroy souveran as far as durability. Souveran will only last you about 3-4weeks if your driving it everyday and its a daily driver..Klass will last months and months. I wouldnt recommend using Souveran for someone who doesnt plan on waxing the car atleast once a month with it. Granted it does give darker color cars a look like no other. If you dont mind waxing once a month min and want the best look then go for Souveran..but with that Grabber blue..it is close to color of my old truck and I used Fuzion..it really looks awesome and its a hybrid sealant/wax and its durability you will get a good 2-3months out of it. you can get the mini jar that would give you a good 15 or more applications
http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-fuzion-wax-sample.html

P.S. Grabber what HID kit are you running..I am looking and was thinking about that DDM tuning

Last edited by 05xrunner; 01-02-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:38 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

can i have sex with your car? and how about that roush front end?
Old 01-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

I used Meguiar's clay kit for the first time before it started to get cold and was surprised how much junk it took off, even after being washed. Definitely happy with the results

Car looks great grabber
Old 01-02-2011, 05:46 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roy_R
Please note, ypu just started the process...preferable wax a day after you polish...if no polish required, you can go straight to wax after clay.

Wash -> Clay -> Polish -> Wax
or
Wash -> Clay -> Polish -> Glaze

I recommend Pinnacle Souverän vover Klasse ALL-In-One.

http://www.autogeek.net/sokit.html
It started raining just as I got it dried after the wash and clay

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
Clay does make a nice big difference on the way thepaint feels huh..Also i bet you were surprised at seeing the clay at how much it pulls off you didnt even know was there.
As for Souveran compared to Klass..Klass will destroy souveran as far as durability. Souveran will only last you about 3-4weeks if your driving it everyday and its a daily driver..Klass will last months and months. I wouldnt recommend using Souveran for someone who doesnt plan on waxing the car atleast once a month with it. Granted it does give darker color cars a look like no other. If you dont mind waxing once a month min and want the best look then go for Souveran..but with that Grabber blue..it is close to color of my old truck and I used Fuzion..it really looks awesome and its a hybrid sealant/wax and its durability you will get a good 2-3months out of it. you can get the mini jar that would give you a good 15 or more applications
http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-fuzion-wax-sample.html

P.S. Grabber what HID kit are you running..I am looking and was thinking about that DDM tuning
Yes now that I used it, I cant see myself stopping. It works great and after just doing the passenger side fender the thing had black debris all over it even after I scrubbed with my microfiber mit. For now I am using a glaze my uncle gave me, than going over it with mothers caranuba wax my gfs father uses on his hot rods.

Also the hid kits is the stangmods 6000k dual beam kit. It was kind of pricey but it is a great kit and is made strictly for mustangs and has a lifetime warranty. I had a problem with the kit (a burnt out bulb) about 2 months after installing it, but I just e-mailed them and they sent a new one. I highly recommend them.

http://www.stangmods.com/2010-Mustan...it-p/00335.htm
Old 01-02-2011, 05:47 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

you dont need to clay to often..id say maybe once every 6months..It removes any wax you have on the paint as well. So you basically strip it down to no protection when you clay.
yea i saw that kit..just I dont know if I want to spend $329 for heads and fogs when that DDM kit is like 90bucks for both kits. LOL
Old 01-02-2011, 05:49 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I clay bar mine also and it is surprising what the clay will bring up even if u wax the car. Plus it takes out the swirl marks. Great product
Old 01-02-2011, 05:49 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec
I used Meguiar's clay kit for the first time before it started to get cold and was surprised how much junk it took off, even after being washed. Definitely happy with the results

Car looks great grabber
Thanks man, and yeah the amount of stuff that came off was incredible and its so easy to do.

Originally Posted by theACE
can i have sex with your car? and how about that roush front end?
Well I wanted to wait until late spring early summer, but I am selling the atv in the corner of the second pic so I am gonna do my rtr's first then go for the roush fascia when the weather warms..... or maybe sooner
Old 01-02-2011, 05:58 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
I clay bar mine also and it is surprising what the clay will bring up even if u wax the car. Plus it takes out the swirl marks. Great product
You know my uncle said the same thing to me about the swirls but I just blew it off like yeah yeah thats impossible its just clay, but when I was done I was like wtf where are they. I mean i am sure not 100% of mine are gone but it took out a decent amount of them. I planned on compounding it also today to get all the blemish's (swirls and minor scratches) out but it started to rain so I might just wait until the temperatures warm to about 50 lol

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
you dont need to clay to often..id say maybe once every 6months..It removes any wax you have on the paint as well. So you basically strip it down to no protection when you clay.
yea i saw that kit..just I dont know if I want to spend $329 for heads and fogs when that DDM kit is like 90bucks for both kits. LOL
I am gonna try to do it maybe one a month since its my daily driver and theres alot of **** on the roads where I am. Theres always construction somewhere. And I said the same thing with the hid kit, but I honestly said to myself fvk it I might as well do it right the first time and spend the extra $. I am not bashing the other kit, just stating I am happy with mine even it it was the cost of a rim lol. If you want 6000k fogs, I will be selling mine in the spring when I go with a roush front fascia.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Once a month is overkill. Since it strips all the protection from your paint you always want to follow clay with wax or sealant.

Quick Reply: First clay bar experience WITH PICS