Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attention Las Vegas MFers!!!!

Old 01-08-2011, 02:33 AM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

Default Attention Las Vegas MFers!!!!

This is a copy paste from the Las Vegas Speedway:

Speedway Children’s Charities and Las Vegas Motor Speedway want you to experience the thrill of driving your personal vehicle around the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Polish up your car, motorcycle or even your company vehicle and come on out Sunday, January 30 at 11 a.m. for Laps for Charity.

Feel the rush as you take to the high bank turns, step on the gas and take three laps around the 1.5 mile superspeedway behind a pace vehicle for just $30. Then have your picture taken in Victory Lane for an additional $10. Laps for Charity is open to the public and no reservations are required.

Proceeds from Laps for Charity benefit the Las Vegas Chapter of Speedway Children’s Charities. For more information please contact Speedway Children's Charities at (702) 632-8242.

http://lasvegas.speedwaycharities.or...s_for_charity/

We should get a bunch of Las Vegas MFers together and go own the oval track. I'm sure they won't let you go too fast, (the pace car will keep you at only about 75) but I bet it will still be a blast, be a good photo opportunity... and hey, it's for charity.

ANY SoCal, or AZ MFers interested, say so on this thread.

Last edited by Fifthwind; 01-08-2011 at 02:36 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:06 AM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Im In! Sounds like unique experience and a lot of fun : )
Old 01-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

Though this applies to Las Vegas MFers, I probably shouldn't have put that in the title since it will limit responses. I'd love to have a discussion with anyone who has ever had their car on a NASCAR oval track. I know we won't get to go fast, but I bet it's an awesome feeling just being there.

Should, by chance, someone glance at this thread who has experience with this. Please share. I can't wait, and will certainly post pics when it's done. I wonder if I could have someone in the center area to get a good pic of me up on one of the banks? I'm also sure they will take people out in groups, so that should make for a good pic too with my car among the Pack.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

This event is a week from tomorrow. Sunday the 30th

Just bumping the thread in case any local folks missed it. Should be a good time.