Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow Offroad X installed...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 08:34 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Default Magnaflow Offroad X installed...

So installed the new mid-pipe today and my god the car is loud now... my buddy had the same pipe on his car and it was super loud as well, but I attributed that mostly to the fact that he had muffler deletes on. I guess it was mostly just down to the cats because my Corsa's certainly can't contain the sound, haha.

It sounds fantastic at idle but the start up is stupid loud. Not sure if it's going to go over well with the neighbors when I leave the house at 5am, we'll see if keeping the garage closed while it warms up will help.

Cruising at 65 or so and it's still pretty quiet in the cab due to the Corsa's, but it is a little bit louder than before. It's pretty freaking loud at WOT as well, gotta make sure I really pick and choose my spots to get on it. don't want to draw any unnecessary attention.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:03 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

I just took the Pypes Mid-mufflers out of my car this weekend, so now I have cams, LTs, O/R X, and Flowmaster American Thunders. On start-up, the car is obnoxiously loud but it quiets down (somewhat) once at idle. Cruising is quiet, but punching it is loud as hell. I'm not sure how my neighbors are gonna take it either. Probably not too well is my guess.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Toxix
2nd Gear Member

Nice. Let me know what the friends next door think.
Also, where did you get these from? If you could provide the part number as well, that'd be great. I'm currently in the market for an X-Pipe.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Milspec
2nd Gear Member

Congrats!! Any chance of a video soon? I've been tossing the idea around for an offroad H with the Corsa Xtremes....Would love to know how your O/R X sounds with the sport system.

Did you install yourself, if so, how long to install?

What's your plan for inspections: inspection friendly tune and swap the midpipe for stock?
Old 01-10-2011, 06:48 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Well, after about 60 miles today I can say that it sure as heck is loud. I like the sound of the stock h pipe better and might wind up going back to it. The x is definitely more raspy than the stock h.

I'm going to drive around for a few weeks like this before I make any decisions, but I can't even get part throttle without folks looking over at me. Plus the Corsa's don't sound like Corsa's anymore, haha. But at least they do prevent drone still... bonus. :-) Given the fact that I have very close neighbors and actually prefer the stock h sound, I'm leaning towards the stock h again.

Since it only took about 90 minutes or so, I'd just planned on swapping the mid pipe out each year at inspection time (December) but that may be a moot point if I go back to the stock h.

Toxix, I'm not sure the part number as I bought it from my buddy who had it on his 05 for a few thousand miles.

Milspec, I'm going to try to get a video this weekend.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:02 PM
doode
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by S197steve
we'll see if keeping the garage closed while it warms up will help.
Please don't.

Carbon monoxide could kill you and your family.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:27 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by doode
Please don't.

Carbon monoxide could kill you and your family.
Doode, its for like 20 seconds... CM takes significantly longer than that to cause issues,
Old 01-11-2011, 09:28 AM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Wink

Originally Posted by S197steve
Doode, its for like 20 seconds... CM takes significantly longer than that to cause issues,
If seen a couple of dudes die like that, and it aint cool or pretty. Not worth the headache, no pun intended lol
Old 01-11-2011, 10:23 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Yeah I wouldn't leave the garage door closed, especially with no cats. I bet it sounds sick with the Corsas though!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:41 AM
jrockgts197
2nd Gear Member

How does the Magnaflow X fit? I had the MAC o/r X on my car and it hung down way too low. Accompanied with the Pypes MM system, which never fit anywhere near correctly, it was a disaster. I finally took everything off, threw it in the trash (literally), and put all the stock stuff back on. I was sick of the leaks, scraping, and rattling pipes. I'm getting the Borla S type catback and I'm looking for a new X pipe.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Offroad X installed...