Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOL a funny dealer error

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 11:10 AM
onegoal
Banned

Default LOL a funny dealer error

I notice on this dealers listing they list their sticker price and MSRP below it. LOL they have a GT listed for over 39k and below it is the MSRP listed for thousands less.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/nclp-e...pe=b&make=FORD
Old 01-13-2011, 12:51 PM
majik755
2nd Gear Member

So that must be the "one" car they actually make money on, and keeps then out of bankruptcy. As we all know, when we negotiate and get what we think is a good deal they tell us they're losing money on our car.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:05 PM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by majik755
So that must be the "one" car they actually make money on, and keeps then out of bankruptcy. As we all know, when we negotiate and get what we think is a good deal they tell us they're losing money on our car.
True. There are many stupid people who would go in there and negotiate below the mark up only to be paying full MSRP still. They also have 2010 GTs listed full price and they have not been selling for months.

A couple years ago when I bought my 2006 gt that was the first dealer I went to and their used prices on S197s were a joke.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

There's a sheet next to the window sticker. I'm guessing they have a list of Dealer upgrades that were done to the car to warrant their higher asking price. Until I see a list of what their mods are, I'm not calling this one a lame duck dealer.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:28 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
There's a sheet next to the window sticker. I'm guessing they have a list of Dealer upgrades that were done to the car to warrant their higher asking price. Until I see a list of what their mods are, I'm not calling this one a lame duck dealer.
+1

It is very possible for a very highly loaded GT Premium coupe (non-'vert), along with the Dealership added options added in, could approach $40K or even brake $40K.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:35 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I do wonder what you guys think the dealer added that can't be seen in the pictures of the car. The engine looks completely unaltered, not even a CAI, strut tower brace etc, there doesn't look to be any modification to the suspension of the car, the wheels are stock, clearly no upgrade on the breaks. I'd speculate that the exhaust line has been unaltered along with no cams or non-visible engine changes being that without a CAI the thing couldn't breathe at all.

Last edited by pdonket; 01-13-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:54 PM
onegoal
Banned

I looked at the listed options and only dealer add on I see is window tint.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:46 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I am actually calling up Dave Sinclair Ford Dealer right now, the curiosity was killing me.
According to the sale lady I was talking to, AutoTrader (the website) is NOT Dave Sinclair Ford.

Also, I had her pull up the vehicle options and the packaging and options do not seem to add up. But she too is curious about the difference and if AutoTrader is correctly listing the price.
I have the poor girl actually going out into the cold right now to look at the actual window sticker in the sales lot. I can't help but feel bad for making her do that just to fullfill my curiosity. I am kind of leading her on because to get her to actually research all this, I am sounding like I am car shopping.

Anyway, from her initial research, we are thinking that AutoTrader is the one that screwed up, not Dave Sinclair dealer.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:15 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

My local dealer "Jim Falks (YOU) Motors" has a 2011 GT500 with $30k in dealer markup. Yup they want $80k plus for it. Its a beauty, but not that nice. LOL
Old 01-13-2011, 10:19 PM
onegoal
Banned

On the dealers actual offical website it does have the 39 something listed, then a 1500 rebate and its only a manual.

http://www.davesinclairford.com/Inve...l/Mustang/New/

Quick Reply: LOL a funny dealer error