Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I must say thanks to my wife

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Imastang

Talking I must say thanks to my wife

I want to public ally give thanks to my awesome wife. I recently purchased a 2011 5.0 Nov 27 and it has been in the shop since Nov 29 for the transmission issue sticky shifts, not going into reverse. I was finally told today my car was fixed when I went to pick it up I barely got down the highway and the engine light caame on, turns out that the wiring harness is bad. My wife went off on the dealership and after threatening legal representation the dealers is going to give us a brand new mustang. Now the one I bought had 5000 miles on it they are going to swap out at no cost to us a brand new one. When I get it hopefully tomorrow I will let you know the color I am hoping to get is the Mona blue if not then black. Just to let you know replacing the bolts on the pressure plate and a new flywheel resolves the issue with the shifting.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:19 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Imastang
I want to public ally give thanks to my awesome wife. I recently purchased a 2011 5.0 Nov 27 and it has been in the shop since Nov 29 for the transmission issue sticky shifts, not going into reverse. I was finally told today my car was fixed when I went to pick it up I barely got down the highway and the engine light caame on, turns out that the wiring harness is bad. My wife went off on the dealership and after threatening legal representation the dealers is going to give us a brand new mustang. Now the one I bought had 5000 miles on it they are going to swap out at no cost to us a brand new one. When I get it hopefully tomorrow I will let you know the color I am hoping to get is the Mona blue if not then black. Just to let you know replacing the bolts on the pressure plate and a new flywheel resolves the issue with the shifting.
Thank your lucky stars!!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Sounds like something my wife would do.. Seems as though we're both lucky!! Congrats dude..Will it be the same color, options etc etc.?
Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

I would totally tell them you want a 2012 GT premium or GT/CS....
Old 01-18-2011, 10:08 PM
MythEyeLess
3rd Gear Member

lol nice
Old 01-18-2011, 10:12 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

you got very very lucky with this one. congrats! I would definitely keep using that dealer
Old 01-18-2011, 11:06 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

dude, i got hit by one of the dealer's with a car and got nothing out of it...yea, nothing so be happy! I will never use the dealership that hit me.

the guy jumped the clutch and i was standing in front of the car looking at the engine...luckily i jumped out of the way only getting hit in my legs and flipped a little before he ran the GT premium into the back of a ford super duty!...fun day let me tell you.

oh yea, post pics asap!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:44 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Wow, that's a first one for me..normally, the replace everything in the world before going that route..congrats..
Old 01-19-2011, 12:24 AM
Kixsters
2nd Gear Member

Congrats with both... Your wife and your new ride...
Old 01-19-2011, 12:51 AM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by bakerjd
dude, i got hit by one of the dealer's with a car and got nothing out of it...yea, nothing so be happy! I will never use the dealership that hit me.

the guy jumped the clutch and i was standing in front of the car looking at the engine...luckily i jumped out of the way only getting hit in my legs and flipped a little before he ran the GT premium into the back of a ford super duty!...fun day let me tell you.

oh yea, post pics asap!

They call them stealerships on here for a reason.

If I bought a used car under warranty still and they wont replace the tranny Id demand Ford give me a new car or the $$$ I put down and what the car is worth.

I get tired of reading so many stories on here how people get screwed over. It's all car makers.

Quick Reply: I must say thanks to my wife