Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheels made in China?

Old 01-19-2011, 07:34 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

The irony? That keyboard you are typing on was, at least in part.. made in China. So was at least 90% of your computer. Maybe even the desk too. Let China turn their water into industrial waist... we've been through the industrial age.. time to move on. China is just as dependent on us as we are on them. They are our "factory" while we come up with the ideas.

The real danger will come when China ceases to copy.. and they give birth to an innovative company that designs products everyone thinks they need (think Chinese equivalent of Apple). That's going to turn the tables.

We are fine as long as we are still the birthplace for great ideas/invention and "freedom". If we lose those two things.. we will no longer be a superpower.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

I thought this was about wheels, when I started my Mustang project I ordered a set of FR 500 wheels from CruzinC....... and waited for a couple of months, finally I was told that they were on the boat, " on the boat from where" I asked, as if I didn't know, "yeah, that's where all the cheap wheels come from." Well I was tired of waiting for something I had paid for a couple of months earlier, from a supplier who knew he had no wheels to ship. I do everything I can to buy American products, and the term "cheap wheels" can mean several things to me, so I canceled the order because I haven't cheaped out out anything else I've done on the car, I didn't want wheels from China or India or Tibet for that matter,I looked around and found that we still do make wheels right here in the U.S. in fact there are several companies making wheels here I had Raceline in So. Cal. custom build me a set, they were not cheap, but they are works of art and I'm more than satisfied. As far as competing with China goes, we won"t, not until we vastly improve our education system, our kids are being graduated from HS without being able to read past the 4th grade level. There is a previous post on this thread that kind of proves my point. I don't have but a HS education, it' all a commercial fisherman needs, but I probably would have had a much easier job if I had.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:24 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

I made a statement "Patriotism and business should be synonymous". I was thinking we as whole country are agreeing to buy/support from a country like China that has an unfair/bias business practice and we are selling ourselves short by trading with them on unequal terms. This leads me to believe that we as a country are choosing low cost slave labor over American value system. Perhaps using the word patriotism wasn't the best choice of words. I should of stated "western world values and business should be synonymous". I don't feel it's unpatriotic to buy non-american....some good examples of free trade agreement is with countries like Canada, Taiwan and multi-country agreements like NAFTA. Nothing wrong with buying items from these countries and others. Equal trade for the most part is in place. We have no agreements like this with China.....it's as lopsided as could be and there are no copyright laws being enforced in China. We should remember China is a communist country, poor human rights record, a farce of a justice system, corrupt gov, no environmental health and safety and they discriminate against American/western companies.....unless they want the technology....then it's ok!! I feel manufacturing/buying anything from China hurts all western countries and cuts us down job by job....as they move work to China.