Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering my S197 Gt

Old 01-23-2011, 11:46 AM
frdsinmyblood88

Default Lowering my S197 Gt

Hi everyone I am trying to figure out what lowering springs to buy I am looking at Eibach Sportline over the pro kit since they lower the back more than the pro kit but I don't know if I should I do not want to have something I am going to regret if anyone has them let me know what you think.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

What additional parts are required to make each setup work? If you checkout the handling section, you'll find a lot of answers. Ultimately, you'll end up with Steeda Sport springs, Koni STR.T struts/shocks and Steeds HD Strut mounts, and maybe a panhard bar....enjoy!
Old 01-23-2011, 12:38 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

A set of rear control arms and relocation brackets will compliment that set up. C.H.E. has the best parts however there are tons of different manufacturers that supply these also.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:19 PM
V8 VOL
2nd Gear Member

I have the sportlines and you cannot beat the look, in my opinion. But a word of caution, if you are only going to add springs and do nothing else, I would go with the Pro-kit. I've had my sportlines on for about 9 months and I have all kinds of suspension issues...I need another alignment done, have a panhard bar incoming, need new shocks already, etc., and was nearly impossible to find a place with a lift that can accomodate.

But you cannot beat the stance of the sportlines!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:28 PM
dennisafrompa
1st Gear Member

...so the stance will be great and everything else terrible??

Go with Steeda sports, konis or Tokico adjustables and HD mounts. I did that and never regretted it. No issues.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:27 PM
V8 VOL
2nd Gear Member

I wouldnt say terrible, I was very happy with the sportlines initially. You just need to stock up on more parts than just the springs....I have the panhard bar coming, shocks after that, and good alignment and I am sure my happiness will fully return.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:47 PM
frdsinmyblood88

Thanks guys I want to go with the sportlines but right now I do not have the money to do all the extra upgrades that they require would it be worth going with the pro kit until I have the money to do everything? Also if I do go with the sportlines now along with a adjustable panhard bar have the alignment done will i be ok? And what about suspension travel I was wondering if with the 2" drop out back will I bottom out alot?
Old 01-23-2011, 07:14 PM
V8 VOL
2nd Gear Member

As long as you understand the other things eventually will need to be done, than definitely go with the sportlines. Any lowered car should have an alignment done so make sure that is a priority.

I have not bottomed out yet so dont let that be a worry of yours, unless you live somewhere with roads that are in bad shape.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Mikado463
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dennisafrompa
Go with Steeda sports, konis or Tokico adjustables and HD mounts. I did that and never regretted it. No issues.
To the OP.......this has been discussed a million times over, as the other poster said....go to the 'handling section'......oh and BTW I'll add Ford K Racing springs to the above list.....1.5" lower, re-aligned perfectly with no need for adj panhard bar.

good Luck !
Old 01-23-2011, 07:42 PM
frdsinmyblood88

Originally Posted by V8 VOL
As long as you understand the other things eventually will need to be done, than definitely go with the sportlines. Any lowered car should have an alignment done so make sure that is a priority.

I have not bottomed out yet so dont let that be a worry of yours,
unless you live somewhere with
roads that are in bad
shape.
I don't have bad roads where I live so that should not be a problem then.
I have looked in the handeling section and I can not find the answer to the questions I am asking.
One other thing just what other mods will I need to do for the sportlines? And maybe you can help on this also I have read of a couple of people that have the sportlines and say that it ia twitchey at heigh speeds and around hard corners is this true? I want to be able to drive it hard around corners when I feel like it and not be scared that I am going to loose control.
I am fixing to put my new rims on when I do the drop I am putting 20" on with 295-30-20 tires will I have any rubbing problems?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lowering my S197 Gt