Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my mustang is dead......

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 12:18 AM
modru2004
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rly_stupid
im asking for yalls opinion not for an *******...though I guess I should expect it anywhere on the internet.

I was in the left hand lane moving to right lane to eventually get off on my exit. was the traffic bad enough for a 2 lane for one lane to be goin 65-70 while the other is doin 30? I could see that happening in a city but for the most part I'd think it's reasonable to say if traffic was the
cause of the other lane's slowness then both lanes would be goin the same slow speed or the brake lights would be seen from the cars in front of me which was not the case.

not seeing any traffic in the other lane is just leaving me very dumbfounded as to why a state tropper and an eclipse where goin so slow. I get it if the eclipse was being pulled over but that was not the case either. from the story i gathered from the eclipse driver was the trooper was just goin that slow and he didn't know why either(sry I probably should have said that part earlier).

cleary at fault. i don't really know what your confusion is. if you clipped back end of an eclipse it was obviously in front of you. this means that you should have been able to see it. you weren't paying attention or misjudged and screwed up and now your paying for it with the loss of your mustang. (the only way this wouldn't be your fault is if the eclipse was speeding excessively and you never saw it approach from behind and merged just as it was passing.) but you already stated it was moving very slowly. which means it was in front and in view.

accidents happen we all make mistakes, just be glad no one was hurt.

and there are various reasons for a vehicle to be below speed limit. cars don't instantly hit 60 or 70 ya know. especially in heavy traffic.

slightly offtopic, but i think everyone should be required to take a motorcycle safety course and drive some sort of scooter or motorcycle for a minimum of 2 weeks before they can get there class c. its a real eye opener and i shows just how little the average motorist actually pays attention to the road.

Last edited by modru2004; 01-25-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:35 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

K, yeah you are clearly at fault, this isn't to say that we are all faultless though. I don't think any of us want to come off as being dicks. I'll tell you my story though and it might make you feel a little better about the stupid stuff we all have done or will do.

I was leaving my grandma's house, which sometimes looks like a used car lot because of my brother's friends being there, and it was dark. I was reversing to avoid a tree, the same way I did every night, so I was looking at the tree over my shoulder and not my brother's friend's Forest Green Sable. It was parked in a very narrow part of the driveway that no one every parks there because of this reason. Well I hit it in the rear quarter panel.

I about crapped my pants. Yeah he should not have been parked there, but I should have seen him. So it was my fault. Sorry guy but it happens.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:11 AM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

okay, okay, it was my fault.

There... now you can be at peace.

Without a mustang...
Old 01-25-2011, 01:32 AM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

Think it's gonna be on you.Not pointing finger because i wasn't in the car with you but everyone always seems to be in a big hurry to get behind the car in front of the car they are passing.
I travel a state 2 lane to work and back and it just amazes me,there could be a line of cars a mile long and sure enough there is a guy zipping in and out trying to get in front,only to meet everyone at the stop sign a couple miles up the road.
If people would do the math,they would realize that they gain maybe a minute or two.A couple minutes at the risk of killing someones mother or father or a child.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:41 AM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

^^ yeah, what wanakanabe said.

I know it's a bit off-topic, but it amazes me every day on my commute to work. 30 miles with a speed limit of 60. There are the idiots that insist on doing 85mph (25mph over the limit)

Do the math, and they only get there about 7 minutes before me. Is 23 minutes opposed to 30 that big of a deal? Is it worth an accident or a ticket?

7 minutes... sheez... it took me almost that long to write this post. When stuck in traffic, just patiently follow the car in front of you and everyone will eventually get there safely.

Last edited by Fifthwind; 01-25-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:27 AM
240dbio
1st Gear Member

5th wheel are you rly_stupid. Two usernames or something. Either way it's your fault. I had my insurance company fighting with a guy that hit me in a similar accident. Of course it wasn't my fault. The man who hit me was at fault. I had a cop report to prove it too.

You can't always predict traffic patterns. Some people drive slow. Some people drive fast. I've been in a few close calls myself merging lanes. Got to watch out for them blind spots...even though the vehicle you struck was in front of you. I guess your windows have a really dark tint?
Old 01-25-2011, 04:55 AM
rly_stupid
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 240dbio
5th wheel are you rly_stupid. Two usernames or something.
im a nuclear engineer in the navy. this alias I use is back from high school and I still find it funny and I also find it funny how much of a temper tantrum ppl throw because of it.

anywho thank yall.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:00 AM
rydeordie
3rd Gear Member

Why are yall entertaining this dude? LMAO!!!! Story makes no sense whatsoever! Who comes on a car forum and asks for an opinion about an accident that was his fault?
Old 01-25-2011, 06:16 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rly_stupid
im a nuclear engineer in the navy. this alias I use is back from high school and I still find it funny and I also find it funny how much of a temper tantrum ppl throw because of it.

anywho thank yall.

Well there goes my faith in the navy.

Let me try and paint a picture of what happened as far as I can tell from your pathetic description.

You are travelling along at say 65mph in the left lane. You are needing to get off the freeway so you are looking to move right. Here are 2 slow moving cars in the right lane, that you somehow misjudge their speed (even though you had been coming up on them) and merge into the back of the eclipse, somehow hitting a state trooper in the process. Even if there was absolutely no reason those cars were going slow (accident, traffic, etc), yes they can get a ticket for going under the posted minimum, but the fact that you were coming up on them and still hit them is so baffling I think you might have a mental disorder. You came up on them, saw them, and continued to clip the back end on your way over. How could that be questionable?

Do you have any pictures of your car for amusement purposes?
Old 01-25-2011, 07:08 AM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

and how did you know they were going 30 ??? if the officer told you that , I sure a reason of why was to follow , please explain . definitely your fault though , no one else seem to have a problem running into these vehicles

Quick Reply: my mustang is dead......