Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my mustang is dead......

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 10:36 PM
rly_stupid
1st Gear Member

Default my mustang is dead......

got into a bad accident on Friday when on the interstate going with traffic, I switched lanes into the back end of an eclipse(I more or less just clipped them) then nailed a state tropper...both of those vehicals were goin 25-30ish on the INTERSTATE yet it's my fault...something I very strongly disagree with seeing how the minimum is 40 and they were goin slower...20 over is reckless driving yet the state trooper can do this less than posted(65) and it not be their fault. I thought they uphold the law, that doesn't make them above the law. thinking of writing my congress person.

do yall think I'm not reasonable here or am I wrong??
Old 01-24-2011, 10:39 PM
rly_stupid
1st Gear Member

to clear things up a bit when I changed lanes I did not see them and I felt at the time I merged the lane was clear
Old 01-24-2011, 10:44 PM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

Going 30 MPH on the highway definitely didn't help but without seeing an actual replay of the crash I wouldn't say one way or the other who was at fault...

The fact that you ran in to them, regardless of the fact they were going 30 MPH seems like it would be your fault though. How come you did not see them???
Old 01-24-2011, 10:49 PM
MythEyeLess
3rd Gear Member

I agree with gburke. How can you run into a car man? People in the interstate are always stopping for no good reason. They stop because either there is a accident, speed trap, incoming traffic, or the occasional Asian driver pooling out their doochebaggery, and still you need to be aware and stop without having to use another car as assistance.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:52 PM
rly_stupid
1st Gear Member

there was traffic infront of me and I was fallowing the 1 second rule per 10 mph. I wouldn't say I was unsafely following to close though. I understand that being the driver that rear ended them I'm at fault but not the cause if that makes sense
Old 01-24-2011, 10:54 PM
rly_stupid
1st Gear Member

*wasn't
Old 01-24-2011, 11:29 PM
slidai
1st Gear Member

Well if there was traffic, then that's a good reason for them to be going way below the posted speed limit. They were probably going slow because of all the people from your lane trying to merge over into the middle or left of the highway. People go slow to avoid accid.... nevermind.

Yea it's your fault. Period.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:36 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

your story makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. your username explains everything i think.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:42 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Missing lots of key details to your story. Either way, it is your fault because you were switching lanes and the other vehicle in that lane had the right of way.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:50 PM
rly_stupid
1st Gear Member

im asking for yalls opinion not for an *******...though I guess I should expect it anywhere on the internet.

I was in the left hand lane moving to right lane to eventually get off on my exit. was the traffic bad enough for a 2 lane for one lane to be goin 65-70 while the other is doin 30? I could see that happening in a city but for the most part I'd think it's reasonable to say if traffic was the
cause of the other lane's slowness then both lanes would be goin the same slow speed or the brake lights would be seen from the cars in front of me which was not the case.

not seeing any traffic in the other lane is just leaving me very dumbfounded as to why a state tropper and an eclipse where goin so slow. I get it if the eclipse was being pulled over but that was not the case either. from the story i gathered from the eclipse driver was the trooper was just goin that slow and he didn't know why either(sry I probably should have said that part earlier).

Quick Reply: my mustang is dead......