Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quarter window Louvers - Cleaning nightmare?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 09:46 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I have the SHR Louvers and have no issues with cleaning them, nor do I have a problem with backing up or changing lanes. Even if you cover them completely you should still have no problem with blind spots. Why? Because if you use blind spot mirrors, you never have to turn your head back. I've said this many, many times.....I drive a truck all day long with no windows in the back so you have to learn to use and trust your side mirrors.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:41 AM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
I have the SHR Louvers and have no issues with cleaning them, nor do I have a problem with backing up or changing lanes. Even if you cover them completely you should still have no problem with blind spots. Why? Because if you use blind spot mirrors, you never have to turn your head back. I've said this many, many times.....I drive a truck all day long with no windows in the back so you have to learn to use and trust your side mirrors.

Were they hard to install? and how much did it cost you to have them painted?
Old 01-29-2011, 12:00 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jpormen
Were they hard to install? and how much did it cost you to have them painted?
I had to take my car into the dealership for a hood TSB, so while it was there, I had them use their window guy. They charged $125 for the install. At first they told me $80, but that guy got fired. I had another body shop paint it for $100. I can't complain since I only paid $40.00 for a brand new set off of eBay. The guy selling it bought it for his GT but wrecked it before he could have them installed. They were still in the box with the instructions and everything.

Here's the link I posted when I got the car back;

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...uver-club.html
Old 01-29-2011, 03:08 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Get the Roush louvers. They come off easily. 3M tape holds on brackets, which use small allen-head screws to attach the louvers. You can have them off in about a minute.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:36 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

i had roush lovers on my 2010 to start and it drove me crazy that i could see dirt under them. i went to the SHR louvers. the roush ones also killed visibility, the SHR ones are much better for visibility. CJ NY parts has some on sale this weekend too and you get $25 for every $100 spent on a gift card. Sale and free money is hard to beat. they have a few pre-painted sets in the sale too.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:31 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kenthicken
Get the Roush louvers. They come off easily. 3M tape holds on brackets, which use small allen-head screws to attach the louvers. You can have them off in about a minute.
+1

Easy on and off for cleaning.

I don't have much difficulty with visibility with the Roush louvers. Still have to be cautious but you can see out of them, enough.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:36 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
+1

Easy on and off for cleaning.

I don't have much difficulty with visibility with the Roush louvers. Still have to be cautious but you can see out of them, enough.
anyone thinking of these on a 10-11 they mount differently and use no brackets. they dont come off on the newer cars. well mine came off a few times, but that's a different story.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:48 PM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
anyone thinking of these on a 10-11 they mount differently and use no brackets. they dont come off on the newer cars. well mine came off a few times, but that's a different story.
I think the SHR louvers look the best on the 2010 model now that I see them on your car. By the way, the color and layout of your car looks great.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:53 PM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
. CJ NY parts has some on sale this weekend too and you get $25 for every $100 spent on a gift card. Sale and free money is hard to beat. they have a few pre-painted sets in the sale too.
What is the site address? I went to Cyponyparts, but they didn't have any shr louvers. I searched for CJ NY parts and only got CYponyparts.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:16 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LordRipberger
What is the site address? I went to Cyponyparts, but they didn't have any shr louvers. I searched for CJ NY parts and only got CYponyparts.
cjponyparts is what i meant, stupid iphone...

Quick Reply: Quarter window Louvers - Cleaning nightmare?