Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bullsh!t dealer story

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 09:14 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bigorangek9
I'm taking mine in for warranty gear change, whines like crazy, I asked them about stuck/broken spark plugs on the 4.6 & they told me they have NO issues with them, said it's only the 5.4s!!!! Is that a crock or what!!?? Mine has 42,000 on it now & I haven't decided wether to try to get them out now, or wait till later. If it wasn't for warranty work I would NEVER go to dealer!!!!!
I honestly dont trust them. I mean I drove the extra 30 mins to the dealer I bought the car from hoping they would give better service, but I guess I was wrong. I was just another car they wanted to get in an out. I got great service from my local dealer about 10 mins from me, ands thats where I should just go from now on.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:26 PM
TexasTanker19kilo20
Goldilocks

Warranty work does not pay much, so if the tech can't replicate it right away he/she is losing time and money trying to find it. So they put down NPF= no problems found. Then grab a CP= customer pay repair and find more to sell the customer on top of the original repair to make lots of money. The only real way to get things done under warranty is to go in and be an AHOLE, then light a fire under the service writer's a**. I used to work at a Jeep dealership before the Army and that's how things work there. They ignore you hoping that you go away until your warranty runs out. If I were you I would put a boot up some a**. Good luck, if all else fails with the service writer then go HIGHER i.e. Service Manager then General Manager.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:02 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

I would take it to an exhuast show see if they can fix the rattle in the exhuast and have em check for a leak why our at it alot of small shops will do work for fairly cheap. When i got my 06 last spring my dual exhuast rattle bad i took it to a local muffler shop 10 mins later and 5 dollors later he had it fixed and hasnt rattled sence.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:07 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jpormen
I would take it to an exhuast show see if they can fix the rattle in the exhuast and have em check for a leak why our at it alot of small shops will do work for fairly cheap. When i got my 06 last spring my dual exhuast rattle bad i took it to a local muffler shop 10 mins later and 5 dollors later he had it fixed and hasnt rattled sence.
I am going to get under the car tomorrow and re-tighten all the flanges and bolts to the headers and x pipe. If there still seems to be a leak ill take it to a shop.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:20 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Hopefully you get it tightend. The kid that sold me my car said he spent around 800 on the exhuast and having it installed, its catback magnaflow dual exhaust and i breifly awhile back looked up some magnaflow kits and its very possible that thats what he had in the exhaust and install and the damn set up rattled, now if i spent that much on exhuast and had a shop do it, why wouldnt he of taken it back to the shop?
Old 01-31-2011, 10:27 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Once a new aftermarket exhaust is installed and heat cycles a few times some fittings tend to loosen and rattles occur. I don't know why a new OEM exhaust doesn't have these problems but, I've seen it happen a ton of times with aftermarket.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:35 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
Once a new aftermarket exhaust is installed and heat cycles a few times some fittings tend to loosen and rattles occur. I don't know why a new OEM exhaust doesn't have these problems but, I've seen it happen a ton of times with aftermarket.
I dont have any exhaust rattles, the only rattle I have is in the passenger door handle on the inside. Just want to clear that up.

The exhaust issue I have is possibly a slight leak, but I am going to re-tighten everything up tomorrow and hopefully fix it. I didnt have the leak when I first installed it so ill check it out tomorrow if it doesnt snow.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:40 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Oopps...
Old 01-31-2011, 10:47 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
Oopps...
Well I saw it was getting offtracked so I just wanted to let everyone know its not a rattle, its a leak lol
Old 01-31-2011, 11:23 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Does the "clunk" happen when you go over a bump? If so, I can tell you exactly what the problem is (at least it was in mine). There is a cross brace / tracking bar over the top of the rear axle (not sure what it's called, but you'll see it). Check the clearance of the driver's side pipe over this. Try to rattle the exhaust to see how much play exists... if the pipe gets close to the brace, that is probably where the clunk is coming from. Exhaust shop can fix it for a few bucks.

Quick Reply: bullsh!t dealer story