Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bullsh!t dealer story

Old 02-02-2011, 12:31 PM
TexasTanker19kilo20
Goldilocks

.now i know youe r pissed but you do have a"tool" to fight back..its called the "csi"..customer service index..and you will recieve one from ford..writers and managers get paid on their rating..even the owner can be cut back on the cars they get to sell..so it is importent..let the advisor know..in a reasonable way..you are aware of its importence and you will fill it out accordingly...try not to blast them as all they do is get out of sight and laugh..screw with thier money and you get better results..always found by going in with a problem and asking for thier help worked out better than raising hell...good luck[/QUOTE]

The only time the CSI is good though is if it gets mailed to him. If the service writer thinks he might be a problem they will change the address to a friend so that the CSI can be filled out with high marks, I have seen this done and it is some shaddy SH*T. I try to be nice once and if you **** on my toes then I'm gonna *** ya up. Damn dealers are shaddy IMO.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:40 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal

I wonder if Mercedes, BMW, Aston Martin dealers have ****ty service depts or if its just a Honda, Ford, Chevy and other run of the mill car dealers.

Mercedes has some of the worst service and customer service around. Once you get into high priced exotics however, you're in good hands (and paying for it too).

Ford, chevy, honda, toyota, etc etc, are hit and miss. Some are great some you want to beat the hell out of them
Old 02-02-2011, 10:23 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Well the service manager wasnt in today, so I left a message on his voice mail. I am still pissed about this the same way I was yesterday so nothing is going to change. That is the last time I bring my car to that dealer & at 17 I WILL RAISE HELL!!! IDGAF my car DID NOT come in with my exhaust system hanging off, I shouldnt have gotten it back like that. Even if they did see it fell off, you canttt fvkinggg tighten it????? Who gives a **** about waranty and aftermarket exhaust, I wouldnt let a customer drive off my lot with and exhaust system hanging out of their car. It wouldve took a simple 2 minutes!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 11:07 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

The dealerships could be very libel conscious...."if it's not a Ford part....where not touching it". type mentality. I would find another dealer. Some dealers are performance minded. There is no way they should of let that car drive away with the exhaust hanging, especially with you being a minor.

Not meaning to sound like a dik.....at 17 they probably don't want to deal with you. I've been there and now that I'm 40 I understand why. I recommend having a parent go with you next time. Glad to hear you got your exhaust fixed....enjoy!!
Old 02-02-2011, 11:10 PM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
The dealerships could be very libel conscious...."if it's not a Ford part....where not touching it". type mentality. I would find another dealer. Some dealers are performance minded. There is no way they should of let that car drive away with the exhaust hanging, especially with you being a minor.

Not meaning to sound like a dik.....at 17 they probably don't want to deal with you. I've been there and now that I'm 40 I understand why. I recommend having a parent go with you next time. Glad to hear you got your exhaust fixed....enjoy!!
That's exactly what it is. They think that they can screw over us younger kids because we don't know any better.

Keep up the good fight, OP.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:12 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95

Well I am dealing with it over the phone, so they dont have to know I am 17. They are just a dick dealership and I want to let the service manager know that, and he lost alot of business from me after yesterday. AND I STILL WANT MY LIGHTS FIXEDDDDD
Old 02-02-2011, 11:33 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

I'm sure your a good guy....you wouldn't have that car if you were a Fck-up. I recommend having a parent go down to the dealership with you and demand to know how they let a minor drive away with the exhaust disconnected and why haven't the other items been repaired! Personally show the manager the problems your having and ask/demand to know why these items weren't corrected the first time! I would also demand my money back.....ask them what work was performed to justify that cost? Your not getting the respect/credit you deserve.....if possible bring a parent with you. Good luck!

PS-- find another dealership after this work is complete! This dealer sounds unscrupulous.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:58 PM
87fordgt

You will NEVER win when you take a new car in with aftermarket parts. Be happy you have a new car at your age dude. I'm 35 and STILL can't afford a new mustang. Must be nice.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:06 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

My father was with me both when I took the car in, and when I dropped it off. He was more pissed at me though for putting "after market" parts on it, even though he helped me install the headers. Long story short a dealer dented his brand new truck when it was in for a bad fuse, and they ended up changing the entire door instead of bondo. (that dealer is no longer in business). I cant wait for the manager to call me tomorrow cause I am going to mention contacting ford relations about it, and I am going to demand they send me the customer service report that bases their pay and that I will fill it out the way it should be.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:29 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

jesus, my dealer just must be one of a kind. I just turned 18 and it didnt even change anything with my service manager. He has taken care of every little problem fast and orderly, letting me know via phone calls every step of the way. even if it means they have to work around an aftermarket part...

granted i am 6 foot 5 inches 230 pounds... so i dont look 18 but after hearing all this i think i am going to write my ford guy a thank you letter, haha as we speak he is fixing my trunk latch full under warranty, no questions asked.

Harris ford in WA FTW FTW FTW