Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAI Heat Shield and DON'T Buy CAIs from Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 03:58 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

I got "ambushed" when i went on a rant about my car, and having GT badges. I now learned why people get so upset about them and alot of the people that "ambushed" me have gave me very helpful advice when ive asked questions on my own threads or commented on threads. Got to remember alot of people on this site have had their mustangs many years and have had several mustangs, and alot of the guys above 40 that have mustangs, theres a good chance they had camaros,firebirds,challengers,chevelles,mustangs, roadrunners, and other muscle cars when they were young.

I would just take their advice so you can have your mustang at its peek!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Gotta have a thick skin and be willing to change your mind. If you keep going the route you're going, your friends are going to ruin your car.
Very true

In an earlier post I requested that this thread be deleted.

And from now on, all my under the hood stuff is coming here first - as well as electronics haha - the car is going to Ford (or my local mechanic) for the wiring problem, tho - considering I think thats about the only thing left to do there

The CAI is semi effective, and since I plan on making the switch from natural aspiration to forced induction sometime within a year, I'm going to make some minor modifications to the CAI - like hack sawing that bar that almost hits my fan belt, reinforcing the edges of the tube with heat resistant PVC, and getting the right screws for the sensor (that all sounds good as a temporary fix, right?)

Sometime later today I'll post a new thread stating what I want out of the car in the future, and the two MAJOR parts I have my eye on (the supercharger and 8.8 rear axle)

I'm really sorry for all the drama this thread created

Once again - I request that this thread be deleted
Old 02-07-2011, 05:10 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

You're not being ambushed. People are trying to help you from making terrible mistakes, and costly ones like that. I can tell you that if you botch up your stock tune, you'll be paying more for a replacement stock tune than you paid out for your CAI.

It's called constructive criticism. You are young but wait till you get into the real workforce.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:26 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Hey young gun you ever make that shield? Just curious that's all.

I think you should stay young, just learn from what you can on here and the site is SO rewarding my friend. The people here (for the most part) are the most knowledgeable and kind you'll find on this subject IMO. And I enjoy talking to people around my age lol, just let the rude comments roll off of you. You'll get the "silly kid" stuff wherever you go in life believe me haha.

And why delete the thread? Some new guy can read it in the future, and maybe he will also learn something before making the same error? Just my .02
Old 02-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
Hey young gun you ever make that shield? Just curious that's all.

I think you should stay young, just learn from what you can on here and the site is SO rewarding my friend. The people here (for the most part) are the most knowledgeable and kind you'll find on this subject IMO. And I enjoy talking to people around my age lol, just let the rude comments roll off of you. You'll get the "silly kid" stuff wherever you go in life believe me haha.

And why delete the thread? Some new guy can read it in the future, and maybe he will also learn something before making the same error? Just my .02
Well - with regards to the shield - I got all the materials - then realized it would be much easier to just cram a piece of rubber around the tube to hold it up haha

I was being a hard headed ***** for most of this thread, and I really am sorry

And good point about other new guys - too bad I edited all my original posts
Old 02-07-2011, 07:54 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
Well - with regards to the shield - I got all the materials - then realized it would be much easier to just cram a piece of rubber around the tube to hold it up haha

I was being a hard headed ***** for most of this thread, and I really am sorry

And good point about other new guys - too bad I edited all my original posts
Nonetheless, maybe some newbs will see it and it will help them. That is, if any one of us can ever convince a newb to actually use the search function instead of just posting yet another thread about which muffler sounds best, lol.

Us younger guys have to really know what we are doing when we say something on this forum, and on most others. Make a mistake and the "stupid kid" comments start flying lol.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:50 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Young_Gun, just take this as a learning experience and move on. Now, you know what to do in the future. ;-)
Good luck with your future mods!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Don't sweat it OP, we all gotta start learning somewhere!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:22 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

I started posting on car threads when I was about 17 and building my first vehicle. You can really get a lot of great information here! I'm only 25 now (26 in a week or so) but have been able to do a lot with various cars/motors because of the knowledge I've gained from forums such as these.

The first time I walked into Autozone to get new spark plugs, I didn't have the foggiest idea what they were. My dad handed them to me for my truck and asked me to go get 8 more. I held out my hand and said "I need 8 of these." The lady asked what brand I preferred and I just shrugged. Then I took shop class with a bunch of rednecks who "knew it all" about engines. My buddy and I spent the term trying to hide the fact that we knew jack ****. But because of these forums, by the end of HS I had those same rednecks coming to my friend and I asking if we could help build their motors (or borrow ours lol) for some tractor pulls.

So if you pay attention and are willing to learn (which it seems you are) you can gain a LOT of knowledge from this place.

Last edited by siggyfreud; 02-08-2011 at 10:25 AM.