Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switched to a BBR Tune - Hot Damn

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 08:37 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

"not going to bash them, that's why I didn't just say who it was. won't necessarily hide it either. enough of that goes on in the forums on who is the best Tuner already"

Amen brother!
I have heard bad freeback from them all at some point. To me the best tuner will be the guy that actually has my car and a dyno to dail it in...provided they know what their doin

I went with brenspeed when I purchased my cai/tuner combo with that in mind, as they are somewhat close to me. This summer i'm headed there for a gear swap to let the guys "fine tune" her. They are also in the same climate range, which is always a good thing with a tune. I have been very pleased with my tunes from them to date and can't wait for the gear and the dyno.
COMEON SPRING, the groundhog has spoken!

Old 02-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I've run tunes from Brenspeed and AM. They were both rich. I think they build in a safety margin with mail order tunes. I also had a dyno tune that was beautiful but had to swap it out when I went back to stock cams.

I'm running a brenspeed emissions tune now that runs pretty good but it's definitely on the rich side too. I think the only way to get it perfect would be to datalog and send them the results to tweak the tune. I'll get around to that one day...
Old 02-05-2011, 03:04 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Tylus
..... My wife refused to drive the car last week with the old tune due to the bucking/surging
My wife don't seem to mind the bucking/surging that she gets.
Doesn't come from the car though.

Glad you and your car are re-acquainted in a civilized manner.
Not being able to be smooth on 1st gear would have drove me nuts...
Old 02-05-2011, 03:13 PM
ikemikestang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
Best way I can describe is...picture 2 dogs on a leash. Previous tune was a Pitbull straining and yanking on the leash. You knew it would do bad things when unleashed, but a PITFA to handle. The BBR tune is like a Rottweiler just sitting there. Patiently waiting, ready to take care of business when told to.
Ask yourself this. Which dog would win in a fight, a Pitbull whose always ramped up or a Rottweiler?
Old 02-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ikemikestang
Ask yourself this. Which dog would win in a fight, a Pitbull whose always ramped up or a Rottweiler?
Honestly, I think a Rottweiler. The Pitbull loses energy quickly with constant attacks. The Rottweiler conserves its energy and only attacks precisely at the right moment.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:34 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ikemikestang
First of all, this isn't a real question lol.

But anyway, I think the point he's trying to make is that he wants refined power rather than something unpleasantly powerful.

To bring the topic into cars, it's sort of like lets say we have a Bentley continental supersport and then a mustang GT with some loudmouths on it. Well, when you're looking at things from the sidelines the GT certainly is going to be louder and more aggressive but that doesn't mean that when the supersport hammers the throttle it isn't going to blow past it.

We're talking about different characteristics. Part of it is refinement and part of it is power. Theoretically it should be fully possible to achieve both if that's what you want, and that's what this user wants.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:23 PM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 02-05-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:29 PM
ikemikestang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
Honestly, I think a Rottweiler. The Pitbull loses energy quickly with constant attacks. The Rottweiler conserves its energy and only attacks precisely at the right moment.
Precisely, but bringing it back into cars, Mustangs are supposed to be full of torque and power, so yes you will loose MPG (losing energy quickly) but youll always have that torque right away (constant attacks). Some other cars are made for top end. Conserves power and gas when not in full throttle and has a higher top end speed(Rottweiler conserving energy), but when put into full throttle (attacking at precisely at the right moment) it CAN win.

Just matters what you want.