Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Steeda delete plates worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 12:07 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Default Are Steeda delete plates worth it?

I really was considering myself done (for now) with performance after my udp install, but I can get a reallyyyy good deal on some slightly used delete plates. I wont say where until I know if I want them or not lol.

Just wondering if they are really worth it. Do you feel the performance gain? how many rwhp do you gain?
Old 02-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

From everything I've seen they're worth maybe 5whp above 5k rpm, if that. If you have cams, head work etc they may be worth a bit more but even when I had aftermarket cams I never ran them. Some that actually *have* them will probably chime in but I've seen many dyno sheets which confirm about 5hp.

What did you think about the UDP's? That's another thing I've put in the 'don't need' book but have heard differing opinions on them.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:11 PM
parkerkyb

I have had them on two of my cars. Yes there are worth it. I don't know the horsepower gain but you can feel the differance.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:01 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Quite honestly, I didn't do mine because, before, people online would say they are not worth it.. but after getting them done, I should have got it done sooner! Great little mod for the money, not a tremendous change but still worth the throttle response increase as well as noticable power increase. I like mine
Old 02-05-2011, 07:21 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Rubrignitz -- I knew it wouldnt be a big increase, but I guess 5rwhp for $150 is pretty worth it than.

Stealth-- did you have them before or after the blower?
Old 02-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I keep hearing that you lose a little in the low end of the power band but gain a little up high.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:30 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Yes they are worth it! She feels so much smoother in the higher RPM range and no with any good tune you will not lose any power down low.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:12 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Rubrignitz -- I knew it wouldnt be a big increase, but I guess 5rwhp for $150 is pretty worth it than.

Stealth-- did you have them before or after the blower?
I did mine about a week before my supercharger. Honestly, I felt more of a boost from them when I was NA than with the blower. The blowers power just kills any noticable gain of the delete plates, but surely, with them on there is no power "hump". Just smooth acceleration.

Again, it's a great little mod but nothing like gears of CAI. More of an icing on the cake sort of deal.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:03 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Alright thanks everyone I am just going to get them. This will probably be the last performance mod for a while. After I get my rims, I will do my roush fasica and just going to enjoy the car this spring/summer =D
Old 02-06-2011, 02:41 AM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
I keep hearing that you lose a little in the low end of the power band but gain a little up high.
I didn't notice any lose of low end power. My 60' and 330 were about the same if not a little better with the addition of delete plates.

Quick Reply: Are Steeda delete plates worth it?