Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2011 Mustang GT. Engine liner tear, should Ford fix?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 01:28 PM
CincyGT2009
2nd Gear Member

If they will not fix it, this MUST be remedied by Ford themselves. Also, try posting firmly but professionally on FMC's Facebook page. That often gets QUICK (as in immediate!) results because they do NOT want bad publicity on there.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:33 PM
SLVSTNG09
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CincyGT2009
If they will not fix it, this MUST be remedied by Ford themselves. Also, try posting firmly but professionally on FMC's Facebook page. That often gets QUICK (as in immediate!) results because they do NOT want bad publicity on there.
That will be my next step. I am hoping I hear back from my salesman. He thinks I am a good ole boy pushover, but I am not going to be a push over on this as it is a new car and should be free of defects.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:06 PM
SLVSTNG09
2nd Gear Member

If anyone else has any other tips on how to deal with this situation, please let me know.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

okay, this is a great example of how frustrating it has become dealing with Ford dealers.

What you now first have to do is contact Ford headquarters and let them know about the problem, with full documentation.
Where are your photos?

Then Ford will prod the dealer to do the work. Service Depts do not want to do ANY work under warranty, for which they are not paid as much as if you had to pay out of pocket. But if they have orders coming from Ford they have no choice.

You also need to let your salesman and his manager know how upset you are about your purchase and treatment by the dealership. They are supposed to be sending you a card or e-mail in which you rate your experience in purchasing your new Ford. They need high ratings.

Last but not least, NEVER EVER drive off in a new car until you have conducted a thorough inspection. I know you wanted to get it home and show it off, but that "new" Mustang probably had more than 0 miles on it, which was probably how that ding found its way there. And be sure to do a thorough test drive by driving down a rough road.

And to make sure you can leave your new car to be fixed to your satisfaction don't hand over your keys on your trade-in. They are anxious to get that trade-in, so maybe that's what it takes to get the work done.

Hope this helps you and all prospective Ford owners.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:45 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

I agree that the dealership should fix this. That being said, a nick, in a place that can't be seen that is "half the size of a penny" is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I might be inclined to just get on with my life. But if it bothers you, you should definitely keep on them.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:53 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I had a bad experience when I had some body work done at a local Ford dealership. I wasn't happy with the end result and I asked to speak directly to Management. I was very persistent and never gave up. End result, we were able to work out a deal together.
My advise, if the sales guy is giving you the run around, ask to speak to his Manager or supervisor. Once your concerns are escalated to upper management, this should help expedite the process and get a resolution! Good luck!

Last edited by kevinmalec; 02-09-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:10 PM
SLVSTNG09
2nd Gear Member

I just received an email and a call back from my salesman. He said he should have an answer on my bumper today, and that I would need to take my car into the service department tomorrow so they could take a picture of the ripped engine liner and send it to Ford. The ripped engine bay liner was more than likely caused at the factory, while the ding was probably caused by the dealership. He forwarded my email to upper management/people above him.

This is a pain, but hopefully it will all get worked out.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:20 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SLVSTNG09
I just received an email and a call back from my salesman. He said he should have an answer on my bumper today, and that I would need to take my car into the service department tomorrow so they could take a picture of the ripped engine liner and send it to Ford. The ripped engine bay liner was more than likely caused at the factory, while the ding was probably caused by the dealership. He forwarded my email to upper management/people above him.

This is a pain, but hopefully it will all get worked out.
Sounds like good progress though! It is a hassle and it sucks because it is a new car you JUST got, but hey... if it is their problem, then they have to fix it. Glad to hear it is working out for you!
Old 02-09-2011, 04:38 PM
SLVSTNG09
2nd Gear Member

Thanks everyone. This thread has helped, tomorrow should be interesting. If I drive 1 hr 10 mins in traffic to take my car to the dealership they better give me good news Haha.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:02 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SLVSTNG09
I love Ford, but I'm really starting to have zero faith in the people that sell them.
The one thing to remember is dealership is not Ford Motor Company, they are only a franchise. And if they are really giving you the runaround, Ford should come down on them hard.

This is your next step, you need to skip that sorry salesman and go directly to the dealership General Manager. He should be able to kick some *** and get things right.

If that fails, you need to call Ford Customer Relations and file a complaint. You reported the defect within the policy of the dealership, and now the dealership is wrongfully denying for a fix when you are following faithfully to their policy.

Keep all your records, and if you have documentation of the phone call to the dealer (you might have to ask your phone company for the phone call records), let Ford Customer Relations know that too.

Quick Reply: New 2011 Mustang GT. Engine liner tear, should Ford fix?