Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2011 Mustang GT. Engine liner tear, should Ford fix?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 06:10 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

I agree with Jim. The salesmen's job, other than selling cars, is to protect the dealership (as in make more money than they spend fixing things).

When my engine blew, the salesmen told me over and over again the dealership wasn't willing to do anything. I went to their website, grabbed a quote how customer satisfaction was their priority, and wrote a nice, but firm email to their owner. The next day got a phone call from him and their lawyer wanting to replace the motor or, at my suggestion, give me the money to fix it myself and relieve them of their obligation.

Salesmen can be a big help, but more often than not, they are there to make money for the dealership, and their obligation to the customer stops once the car is out the door.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:17 PM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
I agree with Jim. The salesmen's job, other than selling cars, is to protect the dealership (as in make more money than they spend fixing things).

When my engine blew, the salesmen told me over and over again the dealership wasn't willing to do anything. I went to their website, grabbed a quote how customer satisfaction was their priority, and wrote a nice, but firm email to their owner. The next day got a phone call from him and their lawyer wanting to replace the motor or, at my suggestion, give me the money to fix it myself and relieve them of their obligation.

Salesmen can be a big help, but more often than not, they are there to make money for the dealership, and their obligation to the customer stops once the car is out the door.
So the car was under warranty the engine blew and the dealer did NOT want to honor the warranty? What the hell were they thinking?

What was the dealers excuse when you talked to your salesman?

I'd been all over them like flies on sh** if something that catastrophic happend to my car.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:38 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

It appears that maybe when the Ford Factory delivered the car to the dealership....the dealership didn't receive/inspect the car properly and didn't find these flaws. The Ford Factory doesn't want to hear it because the flaws should of been noted during the receive/delivery inspection procedure and Ford would probably correct these problems....if the damage was noted.

OR

These flaws could of occurred at the dealer and who know's how it happened? Doesn't sound like anyone is admitting their mistakes or cares.

Anyways, a new car should of been delivered flawless....it's new!! The dealer sold you the car so they should fix the problems....these fix requests are not unreasonable due to the car being new and they were not disclosed to you upon delivery. You could always return the car to the dealer and state this is not the condition of a new car. They basically would have no choice....isn't terrible we have to act like axxholes to get the proper results we expect/entitled to!! The dealer and Ford should argue about the issue behind the scenes and make good with the customer or maybe they are in cahoots? All this guy wanted was a new car with no flaws....is that a lot to ask for?
Old 02-09-2011, 06:47 PM
WildWes11
2nd Gear Member

I love the phrase, "You should have done a thorough inspection of your car when you picked it up," from a previous post ... Because you DEFIANTLY should look at everything before you drive the car off the lot with your name on it because how do they know you didn't put the cut there in the liner.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:03 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

When you buy a new car you get a grace period to find flaws and report them....it's standard practice. 99% of society is decent....it's the 1% that make a mess/impact!!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:21 PM
SLVSTNG09
2nd Gear Member

Worst case scenario. After I drive 1 hr 10mins in traffic to inspect my car and they end up saying no they will not fix it. I should then ask for someone higher up and contact Ford customer service?
Old 02-09-2011, 07:29 PM
WildWes11
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SLVSTNG09
Worst case scenario. After I drive 1 hr 10mins in traffic to inspect my car and they end up saying no they will not fix it. I should then ask for someone higher up and contact Ford customer service?

Yes, the more you push the issue the better your results will be most likely
Old 02-09-2011, 09:10 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Call Ford and file a complaint about the dealer/defects....Ford will honor your claims. It might take a few weeks and you will go thru some red tape but, the problem should be resolved. I would find another dealer for service work. I wouldn't deal with that dealership.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:14 PM
SLVSTNG09
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
Call Ford and file a complaint about the dealer/defects....Ford will honor your claims. It might take a few weeks and you will go thru some red tape but, the problem should be resolved. I would find another dealer for service work. I wouldn't deal with that dealership.
I haven't dealt with the service department so far, it has just been my salesman. I received one call today from the service department to setup an appointment for me to bring my car in, which is tomorrow afternoon. Anyway you look at it, they should fix it. Its only going to cost them around $200, why in the heck would they want me to file a complaint with Ford if they can prevent it by spending a couple hundred bucks.

I will post back tomorrow night, hopefully with a rental car in tow and my car in the shop.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:23 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

I haven't dealt with the service department so far, it has just been my salesman. I received one call today from the service department to setup an appointment for me to bring my car in, which is tomorrow afternoon. Anyway you look at it, they should fix it. Its only going to cost them around $200, why in the heck would they want me to file a complaint with Ford if they can prevent it by spending a couple hundred bucks.

I will post back tomorrow night, hopefully with a rental car in tow and my car in the shop.
That's doing business!!! After the items are repaired I would find another dealership. They don't seem to care about their customers. You shouldn't have to go through all this BS.....for what should of been corrected without a hassle!

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: New 2011 Mustang GT. Engine liner tear, should Ford fix?