Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seperatist.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 12:32 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I am of the same philosophy. I could care less about leather seats and all that fancy electronics, I just wanted a v8 so I purchased a GT 300A very base package.
Brembos? Actually, I am looking at better brakes, front an rear, most likely Baers, so buying the Brembos would not have been cost beneficial to me.
Electronics and Sync? I really dont need them, but I am considering a Pioneer system with DVD capability.
Leather stuff? Well, being from Texas, it gets damn hot do the leather becomes very uncomfortable, even scalding, when your *** touches it.
The ambient lighting and shaker 1000 subs were overkill, and the 6 disc cd changer died a year later lol. The heated seats I like.

I really would have been happier with a $25k base GT black/black, auto though.. they're just wasn't any. Oh well.. no complaints here lol
Old 02-14-2011, 07:27 AM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
That might be true. I actually see older folks riding around in 'Vettes where the younger guys, say late twenties through 30s, tend to buy pony cars, and not just Mustangs, Camaros too. But I would not consider myself younger.
When I say adults....I mean over the age of 25, with most being over the age of 30.

The "adults" that do have a mustang fit in 4 categories.

1. They bought high end, Shelby GT500, fully loaded GT, or 5.0
2. They bought a low end car and modded it to the max for straight drag or road race.
3. They still have the Mustang they bought "back when they were a kid"
4. They bought there wife a base V6 or GT because that's what she wanted.

For the record, I'm 34, and I fit in category #1.

The Camaro would fall to the same categorization on that end as well. The difference would be base car, RS, SS, ZL1, etc...

Last edited by Unleashedbeast; 02-14-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:55 PM
tnroadrunr
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
The ambient lighting and shaker 1000 subs were overkill, and the 6 disc cd changer died a year later lol. The heated seats I like.

I really would have been happier with a $25k base GT black/black, auto though.. they're just wasn't any. Oh well.. no complaints here lol
Then there is the other side of the coin, people like me that don't really care about the V-8 but are looking for all the little bells and whistles on a car with a classic pedigree...... The Mustang is one of the few cars from my youth that are still around and kicking. I am not "Old" but I am 52 which is no longer young and there are somethings that are endearing to people of my age.... The Mustang is one of them.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

You must see the ********* in the aviation forums... that said, this must be the funniest thread I've ever seen....

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forum...ad.php?t=42094
Old 02-15-2011, 06:34 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
I am on 4 or 5 Mustang Forums, I have heard everything that can be said about the V6 VS V8 Debate, the 05-09 VS 10+ Debate, Have been asked why I got a V6 and not the V8. All on the net
Real life I pulled into a local Advance Auto, a Grabber Orange Shelby pulled in next to me and all he did was comment about the Grabber Blue, where I got the wheels ECT... 35 minutes later there were 4 Mustangs sitting side by side and nothing was said of the engine size except by the guy with the all stock 5.0 Fox Body, and that comment was "I think I am still the slowest here".
I normally ignore all the engine debate, although I did pop off a little in your Purist thread.
But Remember, it used to be the Small Block VS Big Block debate years ago, and the Big Block guys where always better according to them
this is a great comment! its true that at a car show no one has ever said anything to me about missing 2 cylinders. its only online where ppl can talk and not have to worry about retaliation.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:55 PM
1DrunkCat

Originally Posted by tnroadrunr
Then there is the other side of the coin, people like me that don't really care about the V-8 but are looking for all the little bells and whistles on a car with a classic pedigree...... The Mustang is one of the few cars from my youth that are still around and kicking. I am not "Old" but I am 52 which is no longer young and there are somethings that are endearing to people of my age.... The Mustang is one of them.
Well said!