Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seperatist.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 07:52 AM
tnroadrunr
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by imboden
Hey what kinda bike u got?
Responded in private message....
Old 02-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
That is true! The debate raged over who had a 351 and who had a 390 (or bigger) engine.
Then big blocks totally disappeared from pony cars altogether.
The Guys used to put down my little 351 4V in my 73 Cougar all the time, but after beating up on the FE's they kind of let it be
Old 02-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Recon111
2nd Gear Member

Allan
I have always thought that Mustang (Ford) should do what GM does with the Vett, as far as engines goes. Instead of a V6 why not a less powerful V-8, After all, Ford made a 140 hp Cobra mustang. I was embarrassed. It sounded good but ran awful. If GM can have a C1-C6 why cant Ford have a M1-M6. Can you imaging what your vett friends would say if GM made a 4.0 V6 Vett?. Although I have never been to a Camaro site, I would imagine the V-8 V-6 discussion goes on there just as much. Engine size and HP are personal things, I would never own a 4 or 6 mustang but that's my opinion, I could care less if someone does own 1/2 or 3/4 of a motor in a Mustang. I think of the V6 as wheel, mufflers, Paint, stripes, scoops, spoilers, tires and other things, They are personal things. If that's what you want, then go for it.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:53 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

I'd argue that there is just as much divide between the Standard Vette and Z06 guys as there is here between GT's and 6's. And even if there isn't, there is enough divide between those who drive Corvettes, and those who drive "lesser vehicles" (Mustangs?) to go around. You'll find divides everywhere.

Nice Vette btw. My best friend had one in college. It was the first car we really got to build the heck out of.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:45 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

My comment was sarcasm if it wasn't clear (I have a V6 PP)

Out of the three Mustang forums I visit (this, AFM, and TMS), this is by far the "nicest" one.

Most of the people that can spring for a $30k car has some age, maturity, and experience behind them. I would say that most of the derogatory comments are from young punks who had their dads buy them a new 5.0, or a redneck with a GT parked outside his trailer home.

I'm not talking about comments like "I would never drive a V6 Mustang" or "a Mustang should be a V8." I'm talking about those that go out of their way to negatively say "a V6 isn't a real Mustang" or "Why do you mod it? It's a V6." I mean, hell, if I could help it, I wouldn't be driving a V6 Mustang, either. In my price range, I was deciding between a V6 Mustang or a VW GTI, I chose to have a Mustang with "two less cylinders" than not have a Mustang at all. However, on the VW forums, there was literally no divide at all between GTI and Rabbit/Golf owners. They're similar to this V6/GT Mustang thing as those both models are almost identical except the difference in power (and sound).

The world is run by money. If everyone here had the money, I would expect most people to choose the GT, or the Shelby for that matter. A lot of times I feel like those condescending comments are practically insults to someone who is less financially fortunate than you.

In short: The GT "jerks" are a minority. Some V6 owners (minority) also get way too defensive. A Mustang is a Mustang (to me).

Old 02-12-2011, 05:45 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I always get comments about my GT having an auto trans..

and it's never positive lulz
Old 02-12-2011, 05:54 PM
imboden
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
I always get comments about my GT having an auto trans..

and it's never positive lulz
Ha. No joke dude. I get that ALL the time. I mean do people really care? They just wanna say somthin or what?

Yeah, I bought an auto. Make me less of a man? Most folks can't even change their own oil.

When I feel like using a clutch I hop on my motorcycle.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:59 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

The fastest mustangs on the track are automatics....the fellows your talking about must not know about cars and with that said....who cares what they say....unless I want some bling!
Old 02-12-2011, 06:53 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
The fastest mustangs on the track are automatics....the fellows your talking about must not know about cars and with that said....who cares what they say....unless I want some bling!
Damn straight! Very few of us can shift as fast as an auto tranny with a good shift point tune.

And not only that, in the 2011 'Stangs, the automatic 6R80 6speed is made in America while the manual Getrag MT82 6speed is made in China.
So if anyone ever downs the automatic, this fact is a great rebuttle to come back with.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:28 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

The auto/manual topic is just as inflammatory as the V8/V6. I never understood it. Let people get wtf they want. It's not like they're picking your transmission for YOUR car.

I'd never think less of a person for driving what they drive, let alone be ignorant enough to actually voice it.