Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Novi 2200 installed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 12:58 AM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

Default Novi 2200 installed!

I just got my car back... With my SC installed!

Unfortunately I haven't been able to play with it much yet because the roads are damp and it's really foggy.

I did drive it around for a few hours and now I am throwing 2 codes (p0420 and p0430)

I have read it could be o2 sensors not turned off or going bad. I have also read it could be the cats going bad (also horror stories of people w high flow cats like me blowing their engines with sc)

Any opinions on what's causing the codes?
Old 02-16-2011, 01:01 AM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gburke1
I just got my car back... With my SC installed!

Unfortunately I haven't been able to play with it much yet because the roads are damp and it's really foggy.

I did drive it around for a few hours and now I am throwing 2 codes (p0420 and p0430)

I have read it could be o2 sensors not turned off or going bad. I have also read it could be the cats going bad (also horror stories of people w high flow cats like me blowing their engines with sc)

Any opinions on what's causing the codes?
Before the SC I did not get these codes but was getting a p0174 code which seems to be gone now. The shop said they found no exhaust leak.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:48 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Congrats! Post up pics

Check up with Brenspeed about the codes in the morning.. I'd be careful about it. You never know.. sounds like your cats are causing it.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:49 AM
Acerbus 2.0
2nd Gear Member

In any case, when I got my NOVI 2200, I specified to Brenspeed that I had both the catted, and o/r versions of the xpipe for my longtube headers, and asked them if they could send me a tuning with both the O² sensors turned on and off. Since I've been running catless so far, and since I used one of the rear O² bungs for my A/F gauge sensor, I haven't had a chance to test if I get those same codes with the "O² on" tuning. You should just ask for a tune that turns them off, even if you have cats. Heck, you should start considering getting rid of those cats, as I have read some posts about cats shooting out of the mufflers of people running FI. Specially Kook's cats.

Last edited by Acerbus 2.0; 03-16-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:45 AM
mdg
4th Gear Member

congrats!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:58 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Congrats on the supercharger!
Good luck on resolving the code issue.

MDG, Do you have your Mustang in Southwest Asia? Where about in Asia?
I went to Beijing, China almost 3 years ago and it was awesome!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:21 AM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

The first drive is far from being enough to ruin catalytic converters. More than likely it is the oxygen sensors.
HOWEVER! I have not been following your process and dont know the order in which mods have been done, and when.
First question: Is the tune that is loaded, a canned tune? Or has it been customized for your car? This does make a difference. If you have your tuner, you can plug it in to the OBD port and check long and short term fuel trims. As long as they are hovering around 0, +/- 5%, you should be okay to drive without worry of harming anything. Getting a tune specific to your car is rather important to longevity over a canned tune when it comes to forced induction. I have a shop in Gardner. Here is an Alldata page for your condition.
Name:  j1FVz.gif
Views: 4
Size:  37.4 KB

Last edited by SCCAGT; 02-17-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:18 PM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SCCAGT
The first drive is far from being enough to ruin catalytic converters. More than likely it is the oxygen sensors.
HOWEVER! I have not been following your process and dont know the order in which mods have been done, and when.
First question: Is the tune that is loaded, a canned tune? Or has it been customized for your car? This does make a difference. If you have your tuner, you can plug it in to the OBD port and check long and short term fuel trims. As long as they are hovering around 0, +/- 5%, you should be okay to drive without worry of harming anything. Getting a tune specific to your car is rather important to longevity over a canned tune when it comes to forced induction. I have a shop in Gardner. Here is an Alldata page for your condition.
I have had the full exhaust system for about 50,000 miles or so before I got the SC installed.

MC Racing told me they tuned the car, but they did have to tune it on the street instead of dyno as there is a problem with their dyno right now.

Where is your shop in Gardner? Might check it out as you seem to know what you are talking about.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:48 AM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

PM sent
Old 02-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Congrats man!!!! Post pics!!!!

I hope you get your issues solved & as mentioned, get a custom tune!

Quick Reply: Novi 2200 installed!