Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Wiring Color Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 07:34 PM
luke37

the lt green goes to the parking brake so tht u can only watch movies when it is applied for safety reasons. it is currently connected to the negative instead so tht he doesnt have to rewire it all and worry about the ebrake. there is only one wire for this. the problem is that the ignition for the radio is connected to the yellow constant of the car, and the ignition from the car is left hanging. offsets the power which probably explains the windows and definitely explains it not turning off with the car's power.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:38 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by luke37
the lt green goes to the parking brake so tht u can only watch movies when it is applied for safety reasons. it is currently connected to the negative instead so tht he doesnt have to rewire it all and worry about the ebrake. there is only one wire for this. the problem is that the ignition for the radio is connected to the yellow constant of the car, and the ignition from the car is left hanging. offsets the power which probably explains the windows and definitely explains it not turning off with the car's power.
Dude. Seriously? He´s stating 2 e-brake lines, 1 is connected to 12v, the other, ground. If you bother to follow the previous thread I linked, he´s blowing the SJB fuse when he has this harness connected. I´m well aware of what the e-brake does for the head-unit´s functioning.

Having the head-unit be constantly on is the least of his problems right now. Connecting 12v switched with the constant will not blow a fuse.

Last edited by wayne613; 02-16-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Then what am I supposed to do here EXACTLY??? Lol

I miss read the diagram

The orange and white is illumination/dimmer control (not the thing next to the head lights ***) - which I don't have

Last edited by Young_Gun; 02-16-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:44 PM
luke37

Originally Posted by wayne613
Dude. Seriously? He´s stating 2 e-brake lines, 1 is connected to 12v, the other, ground.
Having the head-unit be constantly on is the least of his problems right now.
iv seen the car lol. only one ebrake line. its the lt green one and it is going to the negative black wire (aka ground) so tht u dont have to tap into the ebrake but instead just work it. the ignition being connected to the constant is causing the power to be out of wack
Old 02-16-2011, 07:45 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
Just re-wire the 2 like I stated previously, Red to Red, Yellow to Yellow, with nothing else for those.

Then say where each ¨parking brake¨ wire is coming from.

I´m betting that blue/green is from the metra, IF it is. Disconnect it, and put the proper ¨parking brake¨ one on the black(ground).
Old 02-16-2011, 07:45 PM
luke37

Originally Posted by Young_Gun

I miss read the diagram

The orange and white is illumination/dimmer control (not the thing next to the head lights ***) - which I don't have
http://www.modifiedlife.com/car-ster...-ford-mustang/
"Radio Illumination Dimmer Wire: N/A"
Old 02-16-2011, 07:47 PM
luke37

Originally Posted by wayne613
Just re-wire the 2 like I stated previously, Red to Red, Yellow to Yellow, with nothing else for those.

Then say where each ¨parking brake¨ wire is coming from.

I´m betting that blue/green is from the metra, IF it is. Disconnect it, and put the proper ¨parking brake¨ one on the black(ground).
thts wat i told him (red-red, yellow-yellow) and the lt green (parking brake) is wired to the negative
Old 02-16-2011, 07:53 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

The way this is stated as wired has NO connection to the Delayed accessory feed at all, as everything is being pulled from the yellow(battery line).

The power won´t go ¨out of wack¨ if there´s nothing hooked to it. So something caused/is causing the Delayed feed line to blow.

Was this different previously then?

Last edited by wayne613; 02-16-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:57 PM
luke37

iv seen it, im used to this stuff, he's not. the only thing wrong is the yellow and black like u said. the green is just a trick i use on everyones cars tht i work on so that u dont have to tap into the ebrake or anything
Old 02-16-2011, 08:14 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

The way he´s stating the wiring still doesn´t explain the fuse going. The only possible way for this to toast that fuse is for the switched (red on metra harness) to either be grounding, have an overdraw from the illumination line, or some other wire on the metra harness, which goes to that fuse, being hooked in.

The grounding the e-brake constantly, before the unit is powered, doesn´t work for most recent dvd/nav units anymore btw. Thank government regulations later for that.

Last edited by wayne613; 02-16-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Need Wiring Color Help