Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

miles acceptable on new car

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 03:31 PM
wmdspalmer
1st Gear Member

I got my 2010 as a demo with 6K on the clock. i know darn good and well that someone broke the speed limit, did a burn out, cruised a corner too fast, but, nothing that I haven't done in it already myself. THey knocked off 6K off the sticker and I got the car in the the color, and all the options that i would have ordered if i had ordered a mustang. It just worked out for me. I am comfortable with it, but, are you comfortable with the miles. your money and your car. your decision! Good luck and post pics when you pic up your new stang.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:00 PM
dragline
2nd Gear Member

myself, i wouldn't sweat 400 miles assuming everything else is in order (clean inside and out, no blemishes, no strange noises coming from under the hood or elsewhere). having said that, i wouldn't fault you if you tried to squeeze a couple more coins from them but i sure wouldn't make it a deal buster.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

I think they should come down a little bit on the price. Everyone makes a good point, brand new off the trailer you wouldn't be paying that much more.
If you are going to worry about it get a brand new car. I bet the owner didn't drive the car that hard. He wouldn't want to hurt something that he would have been held accountable for or lost money on. Just my opinion though. Good luck.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:55 PM
ccbulldog
1st Gear Member

Original poster here. Thanks guys for all your comments. Happy ending here. I passed on this car and found one I liked much better. It has more options that I really wanted like Nav and rear video camera, was the same color I wanted, candy apple red, and it had only 75 miles on it. But it was 175 miles further away from me but hey, I had a blast driving it home yesterday. All I can say is WOW!! It has $3,500 more options than the other car and it cost me $2,800 more. Plus I still got the cheap ford 1.9% financing for 4 years. So I am happy. I had a 2001 corvette convert a few years ago and this Mustang is more fun to drive. I just had a smile on my face all the way home.
I do have some questions though?
1) with the top up on interstate I would hear a whistling at times. Not loud but if the stereo is not playing you can hear it. Maybe I didn't have the windows meshing just right with the top. Anybody else hear this at times. Man, what a blast riding with the top down.

2) of course the car has gobs of power but it seems delayed for a second or so once I push on the gas. Is this just expected of the auto trans? Or maybe I'm not pushing my foot down fast enough

3) The car has stripes on the side and hood and the manual says not to use power washer on them. But what about those drive thru auto touchless car washes that use water jets that go back and forth over side and top of car?

4) can the little rubber antenna be removed if you need to?

5) I plan to keep the car in an enclosed garage and only drive on pretty days so is it ok to keep the top down all the time or should i put top up while parked due to damage to top while down for long periods. Or does this even matter?

6) the manual says regular gas is fine. So do most of you use regular or pay extra for premium. If it doesn't hurt the car to run regular do you guys really notice the performance difference when using premium?
Old 02-21-2011, 12:03 AM
ccbulldog
1st Gear Member

How do I post a picture of it here?
Old 02-21-2011, 12:16 AM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ccbulldog
Original poster here. Thanks guys for all your comments. Happy ending here. I passed on this car and found one I liked much better. It has more options that I really wanted like Nav and rear video camera, was the same color I wanted, candy apple red, and it had only 75 miles on it. But it was 175 miles further away from me but hey, I had a blast driving it home yesterday. All I can say is WOW!! It has $3,500 more options than the other car and it cost me $2,800 more. Plus I still got the cheap ford 1.9% financing for 4 years. So I am happy. I had a 2001 corvette convert a few years ago and this Mustang is more fun to drive. I just had a smile on my face all the way home.
I do have some questions though?
1) with the top up on interstate I would hear a whistling at times. Not loud but if the stereo is not playing you can hear it. Maybe I didn't have the windows meshing just right with the top. Anybody else hear this at times. Man, what a blast riding with the top down.

2) of course the car has gobs of power but it seems delayed for a second or so once I push on the gas. Is this just expected of the auto trans? Or maybe I'm not pushing my foot down fast enough

3) The car has stripes on the side and hood and the manual says not to use power washer on them. But what about those drive thru auto touchless car washes that use water jets that go back and forth over side and top of car?

4) can the little rubber antenna be removed if you need to?

5) I plan to keep the car in an enclosed garage and only drive on pretty days so is it ok to keep the top down all the time or should i put top up while parked due to damage to top while down for long periods. Or does this even matter?

6) the manual says regular gas is fine. So do most of you use regular or pay extra for premium. If it doesn't hurt the car to run regular do you guys really notice the performance difference when using premium?
Congratulations, you could post picture by copy/paste into: on top of the dialog box.

1) it's a convertible, your gonna have air leaks. The convertible hard tops like on a Mercedes are the only air tight convertibles I've been in.

2) It's an electric gas pedal. It has to adapt/learn to your driving habits. You could also buy a tune and it will adjust the pedal for you.

3) I don't know....power washer and a car wash seem different to me. I would run through the car wash.

4) I don't know....probably.

5) You should always keep the top up when storing. Everything I always read states you will deform the top by keeping it lowered.

6) I always run 89 but, the car runs good on 87 octane. My conscious makes me always buy the 89 octane.

Good luck....look forward to seeing the pictures.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:28 AM
ccbulldog
1st Gear Member

here's a picture of my new ride

Old 02-21-2011, 12:33 AM
ccbulldog
1st Gear Member

Another picture

Old 02-21-2011, 12:38 AM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Sweet!!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:55 AM
ccbulldog
1st Gear Member

thanks

Last edited by ccbulldog; 02-21-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Quick Reply: miles acceptable on new car