Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does a 2010 GT Premium with the 3.73 have Advance Trac Sport mode?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 01:40 PM
DPE
2nd Gear Member

Default Does a 2010 GT Premium with the 3.73 have Advance Trac Sport mode?

Or is it ONLY available on the Track Pack cars? I'm referring to hitting the TCS/ESC button twice quickly in succession and the Advance Trac going into a 'Sport mode'. I know I can turn off TCS with one click or hold the button down for 5 seconds and turn TCS and ESC off completely, but some cars apparently have a Sport Mode and I have not been able to figure out if it's just the Track Pack cars that have it or if it's all Premiums with the 3.73 rear axle package.

And to be clear, I don't yet own one or I'd go out and press the button myself . Just shopping for a 2010 and was curious about it.

Phil
Old 02-18-2011, 01:59 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Pressing and releasing the traction control button once turns the traction control off. You have to be stopped with your foot on the brake. Hold the same button down for 5 seconds ( a message will appear in your message center under the tach ). It will say "Advancetrac Off". That is your sport mode. It is in your owners manual. Press it once more and you are back to normal.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:00 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Sorry, I just read your post again. All GT's have the sport mode.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:09 PM
DPE
2nd Gear Member

Okay, just to be clear then, in your 2010 GT non-track pack you can hit the button twice in rapid succession and you'll get a message in your message center displaying 'Advance Trac Sport Mode'. Right? As I understand it this mode leaves both TCS and ESC on but the thresholds for intervention are much higher. Seems like that might be handy to have.

Phil
Old 02-18-2011, 02:39 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DPE
Okay, just to be clear then, in your 2010 GT non-track pack you can hit the button twice in rapid succession and you'll get a message in your message center displaying 'Advance Trac Sport Mode'. Right? As I understand it this mode leaves both TCS and ESC on but the thresholds for intervention are much higher. Seems like that might be handy to have.

Phil
you must be at a full stop .. foot on brake pedal ... then press button twice ... "Advance Trac" will be displayed in your message center. This feature has nothing to do with the track pack.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:41 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Foot on brake at anyspeed two presses gets sport mode which is only on premiums in 10 to my understanding.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:15 PM
DannyW

It would be great to have description of exactly how sport mode differs from "normal" advancetrac setting. Clearly the 5sec turn it all off can be done, there is some use case for a relaxed nanny control.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:56 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

I've tried it while moving and it didn't work. Need to try again.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:55 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

the sport mode allows wheel spin in a straight line all you want. once it senses that the car is getting sideways it steps in and kills the fun. regualr mode stops all wheelspin and holding it for 5-secnds turns off all the nannies.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:49 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I fiddled with turning on and off TCS & AdvanceTrac. My car is a 300A (non-Premium, no tracpack)
My message will flash "Sport Mode" as one of the settings.
But I guess all '11 GTs might have Sport Mode, even the non-Premium packages.

Quick Reply: Does a 2010 GT Premium with the 3.73 have Advance Trac Sport mode?